ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 part ex price ! what an insult !

is this a joke offer to trade in my 172 ?

clio mk 2 172 (2002 reg year = hko2) monaco blue 27,000 uk supplied car by renault.

all original a1 condition

2 dealers have offered £6,800 ! trade in against a car for £21,000 (second hand sports car (different make)

are they taking the mick ?

what do you think i should let it go for trade ? and should i be insulted about this trade price ?

cheers for the constructive comments on this as im fuming !!!:mad:

this is my car btw.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098372634__ClioSide3.jpg

VaVa

Renault offered me £9500 for my 53 plate 172 with 9000 miles. But wouldnt discount a 182, and wanted £5k to swap!!! lol!!!

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 21 October 2004 at 4:28pm]

Salesman told me the top book was £9800...

7.6cc :D

Resident Evil, youre not getting to get any higher offers than that as a trade in im afraid, it does suck :(

Renault Laguna Coupe

172 prices are pretty depressed at the moment, but I must admit that does sound a bit low. Its always difficult to know what youre getting against a secondhand car - you can compare prices to change (the only thing that counts) on new cars, but obviously not on secondhand ones.

I paid 18k to change mine to a new V6. You can look at the deal a number of ways:

List V6= £27,200 (inc cherished number transfer), therefore p/x for my 2002 "02" 172 was £9,200

but you can get discounts off the V6, so it was probably more like £7,200 for the 172 and £2k off the Vee. Doesnt really make any difference. I had to find 18k whichever way you look at it.

7.6cc :D

I was going to say Mike, you were probably only offered that much as you were buying a £27k car from them i imagine lol.

172, Tiguan

Youll have to remeber they want to make a profit accross the car as well.

Theyll want to make 1500 quid on a car like that. 6800 + 1500 = 8300, about its money. Plus theyve got to add on their fees etc and any re-con cost.

Its harsh, but to them thats what its worth. This is why selling privatly is so much better value.

yup youll find a dealer will see it as acceptible to make 1500 on a car that only requires a valet and possibly a couple of tyres on it. bunch of robbing b******s

telford_mike is exactly right, its all relative. The thing you have to decide is what is a good upgrade price (on top of your old car), rather than what a good p/x price is. Because they can add onto ur p/x or take off the price of the new one. Give em a hard time, chances are if youre buying a 2nd hand cerbera, theyll have plenty off money to play about with imo. (and if is new, sell it privately)

cheers for all your advice on this .

many thanks.

gutted about the price.

wish i could keep the 172 as well but cant )-:

re : hectors comments.

its costing me another £13k to get into a car thats in the super car category so im hoping that will put the smile back on my face !

fingers crossed that its a bit more reliable than most tvrs (i can dream cant I !!!)