ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph1 Megane 225 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
Re: Project 172 Trophy Red Megane 225 Powered Heavy Track Car

bumpers will be painted today after i take the very patients wife out for her lunch, back to work tommorrow for me :(

god my wife is very very patient and undertsanding!!!!!!

today ive been a little buy with some other bits :) after a small issue with the door and a reaction i had to repaint the top of the door and the bottom section, Im not a experienced painter and ive never blown in liek this before but i give it a go, ill probably wish id just painted the full door, lets hope the fade thinners works!!!

trophyredfrontbumper.gif

trophyredbumpers.gif

trophyredsideopps.gif

Blackberrys r s**t for camera

Left to paint, 2 x wing mirroes and the internal boot and rear floor that i will do this weekend, as well as get the engine in

BMW M5 & E36

How do you go about blending with just painting part of the door? Base on the bad parts then lacquer the whole door?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

ph2 rear bumper on a ph1? Oh you'll upset a few people with that lol, not me though, ph1.5 turbo ftw

the ph1 rear bumper is gash chris... phase 2 for the win and the ph1 is a better looking front end :)

well thats all the paint work done now :) apart from the internal parts!!!! :) let the flatting and polising start :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

dont Tempt him!! (unless you have some viper green lying about ;))

this, oursa will be the same, bar engine obviously lol, thats still in't megane

For now ;)

{quote]this, oursa will be the same, bar engine obviously lol, thats still in't megane[/QUOTE]

youve lost me completly there :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup

Nice work, should be cracking little project when complete!

I would like to personaly thank Chirs 205 for all his super hard work today! Chris came up too see the car and too detail the paint work, I had flatterened the car down and he came to do a good top quality job for me, He used his loations and potions and apart from the roof he did a great job, Hes coming back next weekend to do the roof and the bonnet for me!!! He has took some photos of the car today with his camera so hell post them later. If any one is thinking of a detail for there car Chris is recomended by me indeed.

The engine is in the hole now and looks awsome, im going to have to think what i am doing re the downpipe as the mk1 it catches the break master cylnder :( It looks like a custom manifold :)

Many Thanks

Andy

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

cheers andy, as andy said I've been up helping to get the clio's paint back to life.

I havent reached the correction levels I want just yet but the paint is certainly looking good, especially as andy doesnt do this as a full time job.

Heres some pics of what I've done so far and to show you it is actually capsicum red, not salmon coloured like andy's phone would have you believe ;)

001-34.jpg

003-33.jpg

005-31.jpg

006-27.jpg

007-28.jpg

008-26.jpg

010-23.jpg

011-17.jpg

012-15.jpg

013-15.jpg

014-13.jpg

While I was doing this andy got the engine attached to the crane and wheeled into position

016-10.jpg

017-10.jpg

019-10.jpg

020-10.jpg

I cracked on with the rest of the passenger side while andy mounted the engine up

021-9.jpg

024-8.jpg

027-9.jpg

By this time Andy had the engine sat in the bay on its mounts, but only after we'd ate some nice sarny's his wife made (top work)

028-8.jpg

After a debate the side strips were added, Andy is undecided whether to leave them textured or colour code them, the wheels are going to be anthracite or black so I think the textured mouldings may work

030-6.jpg

I'm sure andy would appreciate your feedback on the above

Thanks again Andy it was a pleasure to help out and I will be back next weekend to put the finishing touches to the Turphy ;)

ive been waiting for these all night!!! Tham gold wheels really make it look s**t LOL :) Ill sharp have that sorted.

And wahooo the colour looks like what its ment too look like i hate blackberry camera :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I should bring two of my turini's up next weekend for the lols

Hahahaha :) ill stick the Black Williams wheels on, Im sure its not lowered like looks like a 1.2 suspension lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Those pictures make my trouser region tingle, I can't wait for this to be finished. I actually forgot about this thread, will you spray the wheels last, I think it could work with gold wheels :) ... Colour code the strips then White detailing; White on red ftw ha :D looking forward to an update

BMW M5 & E36

Top job Andy. And nice work on the polisher Chris. Looks awesome!

rub strips are going red, i decided after looking a photos of Trophys as well as the Handles are going red too.

The wheels will be Powercoated!

TrackCar & F30 330d

It looks very nice inndeed. I love red cars :)

Its totally your project so by all means tell me to fook off but why do people who spray the whole car never spray the Black metal sheet which makes up the rest of the bulk head? It would look a million times better if that was sprayed red too.

Keep up the good work tho :)

as thats getting scrapped altogether mate, i have a new one with out the air con pipe holes to go in ;) I fully Agree Chrispy #:)

AUDI A5 s-sline

Love it! :). I think anthra or black wheels would look mint, and I'm glad your colour coding handles and side stripes! :).

100% color code the lot, the matt unpainted plastics on Ph1s look wierd on anything other than silver..

Il check for that servo tomorrow, but it might mean you need to make a few other changes also. The Mk1 servo rod is shorter and wont reach the 172 pedal fully, so you'd have to extend the rod by around an inch to make it work (which wouldnt be too hard). Although another advantage of the smaller Mk1 servo is that its thinner/not as deep also (about 3/4 to 1 inch thinner), which could be good for what you need...

Thanks Jord, Drop me a Pm mate... that will be fab :) Looking at Audi ones there megga thin... I may take the full unti out teh car with pedals etc see what is possible on the bench rather than pissing on in the car

Yeah, its probably possible to use one from another car. As long as you can mount it to the pedal box you should be OK (and the pedal fitment the same)..

Only thing you have to be wary of is the rod that comes out the other side of the servo (for the master cylinder) is the right length, as too short and you'l have loads of pedal travel, and too long the brakes will be constantly on/they will never fully release when you lift off the pedal...

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Mega mega progress dude I love the speed you boys get through this at makes for such an interesting read!

Keep up the good work and I'll see you on track again soon!!

Yeah chris ill see you on the track this year ill wave again when i come past you :)

( love you really south )

330i. E30 Touring.

Top work, Ant and Dec. X

I've got a 106 GTi servo kicking around, if it's any good to you.

Mr Brown :) LOL

You know me better than that ordered smoothed handles from Renault :) Not painting the bobbly plasic ones :)

Disastra Coupe

Wow, you're cracking on with this quick. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Very little progress,

I have with the help from the wife, sat down and redone the full wiring loom, labeled every thing up and its not ready to stick in the Bay and solder the wires once there the correct lenght.

I have recieved the Break Servo, and Padal Box and Linkage Bars too see if what i have in mind for the breaks will work, looks on so far! :)

I have ordered some Rear Discs and Pads and some 19mm T Pieces too :)

GW 200 Gone :( BG182

Very little progress,

I have with the help from the wife, sat down and redone the full wiring loom, labeled every thing up and its not ready to stick in the Bay and solder the wires once there the correct lenght)

I know what our lass would say if i asked her to help with my car.....your a lucky man lol. Top job :)

alien green rs133

when you paint the handles mate, take the spring off, so they will sit open :D

looking forward to seeing this in the flesh, when the weather has cleared up ill have to pop over the hill and see you :D

on another note. it looks like that megane has left your workshop fank fook

Last edited: