ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ph1 Megane 225 Hybrid

Trophy Turbo :)
Re: Project 172 Trophy Red Megane 225 Powered Heavy Track Car

Well while i await my new clutch i decided to pull a finger out and get the paint work done, i have painted the wing mirrors, roof insets and the cup spoiler, along side fixing the driver side door dry edge i had, ill get the car put back together tomorrow and then the engien back in on wednesday i hope, wired and plumbed in and then on saturday re paint the bonnet and rub strips :)

opps photos

mirrors.gif

cups.gif

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Are you a professional painter or do you just have a go at it? Because the Mk1 was pretty epic as well

Im not a profesional, But after many years of watching my mate at a body shop i learned what too do.. They say u learn on the job ;) :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Nice work mate, looking forward to getting this paint corrected, hopefully I will have my trophy with me for comparison :)

Cup spoiler + Ph2 rear bumper = Epic :D

finished the welsing tonight breaks all done, just to pipe up.

Fitted window seals and mirrors tonight

side.gif

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Nom nom, keep the side strips textured black mate, will suit your choice of wheels IMO :)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000

Don't listen to him Andy, get them colour coded :D

There getting colour coded when i repaint the bonet, I now expect the car to be with a working engine and mobile by saturday. :)

BMW E36 328

just read through this mate, looking good i must say....

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

cant wait to see this finished and some decent pictures of it. they all look pink on here for some reason.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

and no mater what anyone says please colour code the side strips. there is a reason all the 1.2ers do it. its because they look horrible textured and black. no need to ruin an otherwise outstanding car.

Thanks for that Feedback mate, the Side strips are already in primer, Ready to paint at the weekend :) Just time isnt on my side, with my baby and work i dont get as much time to go up the garage
Andy

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Want me to come up and paint them? ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Brilliant work as usual mate :approve:

Ph1 Clio 172, VX220

Agree with Chris! Keep the side strips black but will look great either way! Looks brilliant.

This looks fantastic! I'd love to have the skills to do something like this as it looks like a lot of achievement.

Bring it to FCS if you're going ;)

I hate FCS, the only year i went the timing belt didnt like me a fell off, its full of saxos with bigger sound systmes than engines, LOL

I think me and stevie H may pop over after the RTOC national day for criack ;)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

I think me and stevie H may pop over after the RTOC national day for criack ;)

awesome, you both out on track? would be good to see how they both go, might have to try and eak some more juice outa mine to keep up. get a thread up on rtoc bud

Maybe a 172 Cup..

Looking forward to a proper update Andy with some pics!!! She how the old girl is coming along.....

Hi Guys,.

Sorry ive been working away!! last minute job so not had time to get on here either. I hope to get some updated this week its in for MOT monday :)

Lionel Richie

i dont know! I have no luck at all, All bolts are always replaced when i rebuild the engine, even the flywheel ones, and i use a snap on digital torque wrench so i know there all torqued up right. I think the shock of the putting it in 2nd from top of 3rd could have caused the issue, the clutch wouldnt slip as its a helix paddle so it didnt

Ok Paul, lets use it as a promo car and you can sell me the bits megga cheap ;)

what the f**k did you torque them too? 350nm?

Golf GTD Mk7
Nice work andy :) Get those side strips painted gloss black and it will look nice. OEM look doesn't suit it. Great paint work btw ;)

Ill be doing loads of days this year the wife is back to work after maternity leave so ill have some money! wupp wupp.

Photos will be posted once its sorted, Its been a lot of hard work had my mate up helping do some body wotk but every thing else ive done my self this time :)