ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio rs 172 supercharger (help)

ITB'd MK1
oh and clutches....Uprated/paddle clutches are made of completely different material, it's directly comparable to using carbone lorraine/PF etc brake pads, they grip harder but wear faster in doing that job.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
It's the size of the supercharger pulley mostly I think, although on my mini cooper s you can apparently change the size of the crank pulley too to have some bearing on this. Amazing the difference a smaller pulley made to the power.

White Evo V
what 5 trackdays were that then???????? i helped build that car and drove it and is an animal however it was canned everywhere we drove it for a fair few miles but one things for sure the only track it has seen was at fcs and that was not with the standard engine.

I thought Paul told me he did about 5 track days before the engine went the first time? Sure he did! Unless I misunderstood?

Boost is most certianly NOT controlled by mapping. a supercharger is mechanically driven with a belt, the pulley ratio is what determins boost. There's ways to adjust this with a few other tricks too.

Oh sorry im no expert, thats why im paying someone else to do all the work! I thought you could put some sort of limiter/restriction on them through mapping? But thinking about it logically it makes sense that you cant! You can use a restrictor though, atleast im right about that!!!! :D

e91 330d/type r mini
we must of done 5 days worth of trackdays going round that part of the ring road and the poor car was being driven like it was on a track:)
ben has paul given you those rear interior trims from me?
are they ok for you and are they what you needed?

White Evo V
we must of done 5 days worth of trackdays going round that part of the ring road and the poor car was being driven like it was on a track:)
ben has paul given you those rear interior trims from me?
are they ok for you and are they what you needed?

Yeah mate, there great! My gf ad 172 seats and beige doorcards! :dead: lol

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated!

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
well I dont wanna get it done, I dont own a clio anymore, just wondered how much they are

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Please help guys, my clio rs has some mods (clio 182 manifold ,devil exhaust,catcams `421, ecu upgrade, single throtle 70, simota intake)
Just decided to go a little bit far with a supercharger but have no ideea what steps i have to take to achieve around 260 bhp.I want to keep the stock internals.Thanks

A bit left field, but how much bhp and torque is your current set up producing? I assume you have had a remap and it rr'd?

e91 330d/type r mini
saw your car on the dyno today ben, she looking and sounding pretty awesome mate, not long now :)

White Evo V
Yeah I nipped past this morning when I was dropping my gf at work! Sounded awesome, needed some mapping though as it was running a bit bad when I was there, He must have just started the mapping though coz it was about 9.45am so im guessing that was just plonked on the dyno for the first run to see how it went!

Cant wait now! Been a long time coming. Cant wait for the nice long cruise to silverstone on sun! No track action though, well not yet anyway!

Yeah I nipped past this morning when I was dropping my gf at work! Sounded awesome, needed some mapping though as it was running a bit bad when I was there, He must have just started the mapping though coz it was about 9.45am so im guessing that was just plonked on the dyno for the first run to see how it went!

Cant wait now! Been a long time coming. Cant wait for the nice long cruise to silverstone on sun! No track action though, well not yet anyway!

Sounds like it's coming on well mate. Need to get some videos of it when it's finished ;). How long has it taken to have the work done so far?

White Evo V
Yeah il defo post some videos!

Altogether now its taken 4 months or so but only about 5 weeks from when the car went in, but thats not due to Paul, its due to other suppliers letting him down and sending custom parts that didnt fit right and tbh there timescales were shocking! Also with these companies not been nearby he has had to re-package and post parts back and wait for new ones, so this all adds up. I reckon now hes got the parts to hand he could do another one in a week or so. He has tried his hardest to get it sorted and has done a fantastic job on the car, everything is perfect and looks really neat and prefessional in the engine bay! Im over the moon with how it looks and dont even have it back yet, the biggest thrill is still to come!!

e91 330d/type r mini
that rad, oil cooler and intercooler is a right work of art in its self it looks bloody ace :) those tyres you got on are shocking though they were just dicintigrating on the dyno was flicking rubber in my eyes i even had rubber in my shoes when i got home lol :)

White Evo V
Jesus! Are they that bad!! Im getting some new ones this weekend, dunno what to get though?! I want something good but kinda long lasting too and for everyday use so r888's are useless.

and yeah the oil cooler, rad and intercooler looks amazing, really neat, my favourite part of the whole conversion tbh!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
A little fine tuning and a new filter and it's ready to go. Top line is all mapped with the not so new vpower(6 weeks) and it's making a very healthy 250hp 200lbft.

White Evo V
God the car is awesome, Paul took me for a spin today, sounds amazing! very very quick and it was just spinning in the rain so couldnt even tell how quick it was tbh! I located the battery in the boot today took me 5 hours!!! Will be loving the cruise to TRAX!

White Evo V
Tomorrow, its still needs fine tuning and a few bits and bobs. Il be using pauls filter for now until mine comes next week and I need to get a radiator bracket tomorrow and a breather filter etc etc.... Just a case of piecing together the last few bits to get it ready for TRAX.

Tangoed Works
sounds awesome mate... 80hp and 50lb/ft over standard is pretty good going. Thats the benefit with superchargers, being linear in their power delivery you dont get torque spikes, the thing that ruins gearboxes and clutches.

get some vids up once its done!

clio sport 172
Ben stevo172 did you race a blue focus ST slammed on coily's last nite near white rose area?? if you did it was my brother haha he said your car was a far bit faster haha and his is running 270 bhp aswell!! he said it was nice egging me on to do sumet like that to mine now :D

williams and trophy
Ben stevo172 did you race a blue focus ST slammed on coily's last nite near white rose area?? if you did it was my brother haha he said your car was a far bit faster haha and his is running 270 bhp aswell!! he said it was nice egging me on to do sumet like that to mine now :D

shouldnt it be absolutely raping it??? my willy does with lots less mods

clio sport 172
shouldnt it be absolutely raping it??? my willy does with lots less mods
Well ye i said it was faster he said he got arsed off line but said if they were going faster he cud of caught it because all be 250 brake but 200 torque, the st has around 330 torque

BMW M135I
Well ye i said it was faster he said he got arsed off line but said if they were going faster he cud of caught it because all be 250 brake but 200 torque, the st has around 330 torque

Thats like saying stick it in twisties (clio advantage) and the focus will still be near where it started

White Evo V
That ST was propbably the nicest ive ever seen. totally different for an st. Not the usual orange boring s**t with ASBO stickers all over it (whatever ASBO means?). Tell ur borther - very nice! Bet he was suprised to see me pass him though, thats what I love about my car!

clio sport 172
O ye he said it was very fast he said he'd just put his foot down an then saw the intercooler and fort s**t thats got something special haha i kno thats what he wants an ST far from any other with stripes and stickers every where, but he's been telling me t start saving for something like that lol looks a nice car uv got mate

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i