ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Rush 1.2 8V 2005 5dr (None Sport)

renault clio 1.8 16v
yea i know i feel your pain i have a love/hate relationship with detailing it really takes forever to do but is so worth it in the end, well i say the end the next 24 hours until you hit a dirty bit of road lol

renault clio 1.8 16v
best way to maintain it after all the polishing and waxing you can use the meguiars quik detailer which is pretty awesome stuff

Expensive way to clean the car. What if i need to wash the whole car? Do i need to just wash it with meguiars ultimate wash and wax and every now and again use carnuba wax? I stick to meguiars products only.

Oh and one more question, can i still use that silicone squeegee or what ever its called to pull of the water from panel, before drying with microfiber cloth? You know what i mean? Is it safe. Im guessing silicone will not damage the paint work or pull of wax layer?

Last edited:
  renault clio 1.8 16v
yea i only you meguiars too but I tend to use turtlewax car shampoo and then use all the meguiars products after that, because like you said its expensive and thats the main part that you get through alot of.

Got my new grill. All the way from germany. Will fit it on friday after cleaning the engine bay. Got new mist jest washers too.

3684c07be282db799c798b21c8a69775.jpg
f7eb987cf7fab652331c30f59c8658d6.jpg
f6e77781827b9d986259b05116a0d1fc.jpg

1.2 Campus Sport
PlayStationMike
Looking good mate! Make sure you get an image of them while they're on!
I think a smaller registration which fits the recess in the front grill would look good to finish up the front!
Thanks,
Ross

My to do list:

1. Get an remote LED relay and connect DRL's in grill with waterproof connectors.
2. Get a sound proofing for the bonnet.
3. Refurbish or replace the front top strut mounts / covers.
4. Induction kit.
5. Campus front bumper.
6. Painting / Color Coding: mirrors (electric blue), side strips (silver), bullets (electric blue), spoiler (electric blue), door handles (undecided), brake calipers (electric blue).
7. New front registration plate (smaller than regular).
8. Front fog lights (tinted yellow'ish)
9. 172 rear bumper (already bought, need color coding).
10. Hoffman Sport exhaust.
11. Rear windows tinted.
12. De-wiper + wraping (already de-wipered, just need to wrap the cover).
13. New projector headlights + HID kit.
14. New rear lights.
15. New rear registration plate.
16. Rear clio badge sprayed (electric blue).
17. All panels declayed, sanded, polished and waxed (bonnet already done).
18. 172 sport seats (back already in place, front need a refurb).
19. Smoked side repeaters.
20. Lowering the car 60/40 or 40/40.

That's it for now. A lot to do, a lot of money but well, bit by bit :)

1.2 Campus Sport
Looks good to me! Much prefer that style to this style:

14825804437_4f53480a4e_z.jpg

Of the list you've said, everything sounds pretty interesting!

Thanks,
Ross

Spent 5 hours today working on car. Cleaned it inside, outside, refurbished the right wing panel, waxed the bonnet and wing panel. Drivers door next. Same like before with da polisher i got rid of all liggt scratches and its now smooth like mirror thanks too clay bar.

This is your new toy then!
Did the remote come with the grill then?
Thanks,
Ross
No mate the grill came with standard LED relay to hook up to negative of battery and positive -> wherever u want (ignition, radio, position lights). I didn't like the relay so i thought i will have some fun here and i got myself remote controlled one with features for XMAS haha :) Of course its illegal to use it but i kinda like the possibility to ON/OFF the light when i want.

I just know I'm supposed to hate those DRLs, but I don't.
Maybe it's my inner child being amused by remote controlled lights!
I just wanted something different, didn't want the sport grill that everyone here have so i did some research and found this beauty :) Love it! And those nicely fitted DRLs are like a cherry on the top of the cake :)