ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio Sleeper Project(?)

Renault Clio (2012)
Hello!
Let's get straight too it, I need your help. I own a 1.2 Clio Mk.3 2012 (facelift). It comes with all the fancy leather interior, glossy dashboard and tom-tom. It's a fancy piece of kit for what it is and it looks quite nice in my opinion.. But it's painfully underpowered at a measly 75bhp and a 0-60 time in near enough 13 seconds. Right now, financially I can afford the Clio RS200 Cup.. Which up until very recently I was going to buy. But then I got thinking. I saw a Clio RS200, same year as mine but breaking, for sale for around 3k. Now understand my mechanical knowledge doesn't stem as much as a lot of you so here's where I need your help. If I bought this 'spares and repairs' Clio RS, could I potentially use it as a doner car to my current 1.2?
Such as the turbo, which would then lead to other things like gearbox/clutch etc and mine is currently only 5spd. Then swap out the brakes, suspension, wheels(maybe), bucket seat(s) etc etc. Could the car handle it? I've got a feeling it would put too much strain on a lot of components I don't even know about. If all else fails, I might pick one up cheap and swap some minor parts minus the turbo.
Alright guys that's it what do you think?? I appreciate any feedback and if I'm being an absolute idiot feel free to tell me so!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    166.1 KB · Views: 97
Buy the 200, don't dick around with a conversion as you'll spend ages getting it right if your doing it yourself and will prob sell it half finished.

RyG

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hello!
Let's get straight too it, I need your help. I own a 1.2 Clio Mk.3 2012 (facelift). It comes with all the fancy leather interior, glossy dashboard and tom-tom. It's a fancy piece of kit for what it is and it looks quite nice in my opinion.. But it's painfully underpowered at a measly 75bhp and a 0-60 time in near enough 13 seconds. Right now, financially I can afford the Clio RS200 Cup.. Which up until very recently I was going to buy. But then I got thinking. I saw a Clio RS200, same year as mine but breaking, for sale for around 3k. Now understand my mechanical knowledge doesn't stem as much as a lot of you so here's where I need your help. If I bought this 'spares and repairs' Clio RS, could I potentially use it as a doner car to my current 1.2?
Such as the turbo, which would then lead to other things like gearbox/clutch etc and mine is currently only 5spd. Then swap out the brakes, suspension, wheels(maybe), bucket seat(s) etc etc. Could the car handle it? I've got a feeling it would put too much strain on a lot of components I don't even know about. If all else fails, I might pick one up cheap and swap some minor parts minus the turbo.
Alright guys that's it what do you think?? I appreciate any feedback and if I'm being an absolute idiot feel free to tell me so!

Sorry chap, the bold bit stands out.

MK3 200's aren't Turbo'd. They're a N/A 2.0L lump. It would be hard work, and very expensive. But if you want to do it, crack on. Don't expect it to be easy/cheap/quick though.