ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy 147/500

RS2'd Trophy
Hi all, I have ben posting a bit of progress on here in the media section and thought it was probably a good idea to go and take some fresh pictures and start a project thread. I have tried to clean it with dodo supernatural shampoo, PB black hole & dodo supernatural, dodo tyre wax and AG metal polish.

Here we go:

Spec:
Engine
Stone automotive RS2 carbon inlet manifold with all the gubbins
KTR vibratechnics engine mounts
Pipercross air filter
KTR coilpack mount
Group N timing(soon)
MWM remap (soon)
Denso iridium plugs and magenecore leads
Samco coolant hoses
Bailey header tank
Orbisoud Manifold back exhaust and 100cell sports cat
Various painted bits

Chassis
Speedline 2118's in anthracite 15x7
Michelin PE2's
AST Sportline 1 coilovers Track Spec
Eibach SPC hubcentric spacers 15mm front 20mm rear
Eibach SPC rear camber shims -1degree
Stone automotive alignment (soon)
Group buy rear ARB
Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace

Everything else:
KTR carbon splitter + exhaust trims
Pagid RS4-2 Pads
Brembo HC max slotted discs
OMP rear pads and OEM discs
Stud conversion Muteki 7sided anodised black nuts
TRS 3inch 4 point harness
KTR Caged MSV rear cage
RS wheel
B&M short shifter
Xenons
3/4 plate

About it im sure there are some other bits and bobs here and there but who cares lol!

Future upgrades:
Alloy intake box with ARC panel filter and hard piping (In development currently)
Get the spare set of plastics flocked
Powdercoat the cage red
get my Stone Automotive stickers on the RS2
Hammer it round the ring on the way back from Lemans!!

Pics:
DSC02770.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

DSC02775.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

DSC02777.jpg

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

Any comments are welcome.

James

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Tut tut James, what have you done to that poor Trophy, you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
...... but seriously absolutely awesome and full respect for being brave and doing something different.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love the work as always james, although you live so far away we have good banter, especially when it comes to future mods on this trophy ;) no inlets mentioned :p

All in all this car does everything, it doesnt do every aspect to the extreme, it just does them well enough to make this car a truely epic every day usable car, great work as usual fella. Will be popping down once I've machined the BG to get some pics

RS172 Flamer
I bet it handles like a dream. Keep up the good work!

Have you thought about getting any Powerflex Poly bushes?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks awesome mate!

Sticker has arrived & looks boss, Ady at N2graffix strikes perfection as always :cool:

Shall give you a bell Thursday to go through next week ;)

James

RS2'd Trophy
Looks awesome mate!

Sticker has arrived & looks boss, Ady at N2graffix strikes perfection as always :cool:

Shall give you a bell Thursday to go through next week ;)

James

Awesome!! Can't wait now!

When I fit it I'll send you some high res pics, probs best you use your SLR thinking about it James my photography skills are none existent lol!

Car looks amazing, great attention to detail!

Whats the size of your rear number plate? Looks good.

No idea lol! I just said what's the smallest legal size for the rear lol!

Thanks for all the comments! It means alot!

James

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It will look pretty good once it's had a good clean... :rasp:

You already know what I think mate; it's an awesome example of a Trophy! And I hope you keep it and keep us updated on any ongoing work. :D

Titanium 182
It sits so well! It's literally the epitome of an awesome daily driving Clio.

I do not envy your bank account after the hammering it's received from this car, though! :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
...... but seriously absolutely awesome and full respect for being brave and doing something different.

I love this car, but im not sure what about it is brave and different?

Bolt in ktec cage, rs2, asts etc, surely its just a great example of the usual shopping list for a modified clio?

No offence to JamesT87, I dont mean that in a bad way, nothing at all wrong with any of those mods, but just I dont understand the bit about it being different.

Yeah I would say so, there is a big risk of flaming on here if you mod a Trophy anything more than silvervisions and a reduced height front plate!

Fair play, I think it looks fantastic tbqfh!

RS2'd Trophy
I love this car, but im not sure what about it is brave and different?

Bolt in ktec cage, rs2, asts etc, surely its just a great example of the usual shopping list for a modified clio?

No offence to JamesT87, I dont mean that in a bad way, nothing at all wrong with any of those mods, but just I dont understand the bit about it being different.

Yeah I agree its the norm for a clio, I guess people are a bit scared of de-trophying a trophy. I bet there arent many modifed trophies?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I suppose thats true, I kind of just view them as a red clio with some slightly less comfy but epic looking seats and a set of really good shocks, but I forget that their value is based not on the minor mods they have but on the rarity and fanbase they have.

RS2'd Trophy
Yeah I suppose thats true, I kind of just view them as a red clio with some slightly less comfy but epic looking seats and a set of really good shocks, but I forget that their value is based not on the minor mods they have but on the rarity and fanbase they have.

Your not the only one Chip! I just see it as a red clio lol!

M140i
Awesome!! Can't wait now!

When I fit it I'll send you some high res pics, probs best you use your SLR thinking about it James my photography skills are none existent lol!

No idea lol! I just said what's the smallest legal size for the rear lol!

Thanks for all the comments! It means alot!

James

Could you ping me some pics when you have done them please :)

Clio & Mini
i love this car; the colour, wheels, rollcage brave with the modern Rs badge though and good luck with the plates....you are bound to get pulled :S

RS2'd Trophy
Well after a horrific power run at surrey rolling road I have decided to buy a nearly new engine. Here are the graph below and a video of the group N timing adling, unfortunately i will not have this timing on the new engine and I will definitely miss the rallycar-esque idle!
96b9be4b.jpg

th_ff84f1c6.jpg

I have purchased ROB91's engine which has a Ph1 head on it and has been rebuilt very recently. Thanks again Rob for the early morning engine removal on easter Sunday!

Went to pick it up yesterday ready to be fitted into the trophy today/tmoz. Unfortunately my mates van now has a tracker fitted so my girlfriend kindly let me use her C2 VTS to pick it up. I quickly bodged a false floor together from old bits of MDF and anything I could to stop it rattling around.
1b926d6c.jpg

9ea0ccb9.jpg

Rear F4R engined C2
46cf1a48.jpg

Made it to Micks this morning absolutely no problems at all! brilliant little car. I should hopefully have more pictures when its back on wednesday cant wait now! When its back ill take it back to MWM for mapping tweeks and a bit of dyno time at surrey RR.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Don't know mate, not been back since road mapping ours. Low 180s at a guess as it was only in the 160s on the matched inlets so not a mega output one to start with.
Both the top and bottom ends feel much better now in particular though, middle of the range is about the same or possibly even slightly less than before.
We think it's great overall :)

RS2'd Trophy
Don't know mate, not been back since road mapping ours. Low 180s at a guess as it was only in the 160s on the matched inlets so not a mega output one to start with.
Both the top and bottom ends feel much better now in particular though, middle of the range is about the same or possibly even slightly less than before.
We think it's great overall :)

Im of exactly the same feeling about mine, it really does give a balanced feel to the engine although the surge is less noticeable, are you planning to go down and see Mike at all just wondering whether we could organise a day when your both there?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeh balanced is a good word :)

Not likely to see Mike during the day at all anytime soon, am flatout with work at the moment, I see him of an evening quite often though as we go to the same taekwondoe club.