ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Credit Crunch tyre useage, getting your monies worth

Clio
Terrible. Especially with kids.

IMO the police should be doing more to combat people who drive around with tyres like this, rather than trying to catch people speeding.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Ive seen worse had a guy bring his z4 in for an mot all his run flats were corded one with bands showing the rears had 4 inch holes in them and all his brakes were past metal to metal, you know the pad was completely gone and it was pretty much just the caliper piston sqeezing the disc. and only 1 external bulb worked. the hand brake didnt work and the wipers had torn off so it was just a slither of rubber scratching the screen. iirc it required a grands worth of tures and the same agin in brakes. but the brazilian drug dealer refused to get it fixed, and took it away, we were seriously considering calling the police, because it was such a shed. but it was game over when he decided to floor it out of the dealers, but the tyres were so fuct it spun a rear one off the rim and hit a kerb and broke his front suspension spring, but he still tried to drive it off.

but the cases of just shear ignorance in regards to vehicle maintenance i see daily really scares me i had a guy who hadn't serviced his car in 40k when asked why, his response was he never got a reminder through from his supplying dealer. he could not understand what a duty of care was and how ultimatley the maintenance of his vehicle is up to him.

Ive never seen anything like that before jaff that sounds mental, you should have taken his valve cores and told him to walk.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i had to type up a disclaimer and every thing so he could take the car away. it had about 4 pages on the mot refusal form. TBH i'd have though that that managt dangerous's on the vosa systme would have flagged the car up to the police or something.
You could tell he hadn't been in the country very long and was really to rich to bother with this kind of thing. from what i could make out he said he was just going to get another one. now wheather he was talking about an mot or another car i could not tell you.

but you cant prevent some one from taking their car away if they want to, or cause damage which will stop them from taking it, its theft or extortion or somthing in scottish law. but you can dob them in, I wanted to call the police and have the traffics waiting for him when he leaves the property, but my manager didn't want to attract the bad publicity.

Last edited: