ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control and running in

Picked up the wifes 172 from Motorpoint in Derby this morning after a 4.5 hour drive up from Cornwall. Was not looking forward to the drive back trying to keep the revs down. The cruise control and autowipers made it the most stressfree drive Ive ever had. I doubt well use the cruise much, I was anxious to have it for the residuals, but Im converted for long journeys now!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..cruise rules, but the autowipers do suck. Renault would have done much better to allow you to disable the autowipers and have the intermittent instead... Driving to work this morning I had to keep turning the wipers on and off to get the screen to clear - I had it on max. sensitivity as well, it seems pretty random as to when itll wipe!

Adrian

Gambler, I waste some money chopping cars around, the Reno for my wife is a bit for me to play with;) but my Leon Ive had for 18 months (6th Seat since the VW takeover!!) and its the best car Ive ever had. Too early for direct comparison just yet but the Seat is a real solid car with smooth power delivery and(fingers crossed) has never put a foot wrong.

OK, ive had a Volvo S70 for 16 months and have had enough of my mates taking the p*ss out of the "old man image" it gives me.

Ordered a 172 (not cup) for delivery next month.

I doubt ill mod it at all. Having read quite a few posts on here Im now really nervous about the build quality

Elise/VX220/R26

no 172 are as bad! having said that its more little things like rattles rather than massive probs

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I know you can disable the auto wipers (By moving to the top position, i.e wipers off! Or have I missed something)..but when disabled were missing any form of intermittent...

Adrian

Its auto lights u cant disable :( unless there is a way that i dont know about, cos sometimes auto really lights piss me off.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..On the 172 you can disable them (autolights), its in the manual...not sure about the dynamique though, I assume itd be the same... Ive not got a problem with the autolights, seem to work pretty well for me...but as mentioned above, the auto wipers are a different story!

Adrian

The auto lights can be disabled its in the manual. You turn the lights on and off twice with the key in the second position. (I think thats right anyway) if you do it right the car beeps at you twice. The same procedure to switch the automatic lights on.

I have to say that I quite like the automatic lights and the wipers though.

EDD

As said (in 172 certainly) the auto-lights AND auto-wipers can be disabled. Have the key in the ignition - car not running, turn the lights/wipers on and off twice and if done correctly it will beep. Thats it disabled, do the same to enable.

When auto-wipers are disabled they work just like other cars.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

..does that mean if I disable auto-lights then I get intermittent wipe on the wipers? And it doesnt reset when I turn the ignition off?

Adrian