ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS Reading BMW Meet

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Well not really, but after fitting my splitter/Pep going to the gym to get massive, we decided to catch up and talk BMW. I took some photos, but as im pretty lame with a camera i shall only force you to look at 2 of them :eek:

After taking him for a quick blast, its safe to say that Pep has some Dave (F.) induction bwwwwwwaaaaarrrrrrrrppppppp jealousy ....

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

PS. Clean cars are sooooo last year.

Never above 25mpg
For the 30k that i do a year - yes.
For the 3 grand sat in my bank account - yes.
For the one track day i do a year at the 'ring - no.

So power and luxury but no fun?

Was considering an E30 tourer next and giving the engine a boost...

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nah, it is fun, wouldnt have bought it if it wasnt!

But you need to remember its a bit old car, grab it by the scruff of the neck, hustle it a bit and will travel ground very quickly indeed ... in the dry lol. In the wet, roundabouts are fun ;)

Its totally different to the cup, RWD is great for the way it pushes you out of a corner, you can really feel it driving out of corners, with a little drift if your really pushing on - FWD is quicker to just get in & thrash, this definately takes more skill to master.

Tbh, for what i sold my 1 cup for, i could have this & a dedicated vts track car, now that would be the best of both worlds :evil:

Blue one lower? Or is it the pics?

Probably cr4p pics, although its been half the way to the moon, so the Billies are probably more sagged & knackered than Peps 'low mileage' one, lowering it slightly more lol

M2 Competition
In the wet, roundabouts are fun ;)

In the dry roundabouts can be fun too eh ;)

Great pics Dave, was a good little meet up. The noise of the Dave f is something else.

My car will have one fitted soon!

To compare it to a clio, a different experience. The straight six sounds lush, and with seating position and the way the car handles, far more of an occasion to drive than a clio.

You do have to grab it by the scruff of the neck to get the best of it as its a big beast in comparison, but the handling is spot on, it has ridiculous amounts of grip, and is a very quick car cross country. A hell of a lot of motor for what we paid for them.

Last edited: