ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Re: Cub's Trackday Flamer - Cage etc

Update time again - Burpspeed Llandow Trackday

Monday night appeared and I packed up the car with the kit I would need for the Burpspeed day at Llandow. Tuesday lunchtime headed to Newbury services to pick up Tim. and meet Christopher. Tim jumped in and we set off. No further than the slip road up to the M4 and my heart sank a little as the car started to rub badly on the back. Pulled over at Hungerford, and decided it was a weight issue :eek:

So, big thanks to Chris, who let me unload pretty much everything other than Tim into his PB :) and off we set again, with minimal rubbing.

Arrived at the travelodge to see JP83 and Euan94, and proceeded to drink steadily through the afternoon. Was good to meet some new faces and catch up with old ones again. The trackday itself, I absolutely loved, again. Good weather, great organisation, a good mix of cars on track and was good to meet some more people and put names to faces. I was really happy with the flamer as it seemed to go well, and took a few people out without incident. Huge thanks to Tony Hunter and Jay Payne for organising. Some photos shamefully stolen from SharkyUK;

20140820_burpllandow45.jpg

20140820_burpllandow46.jpg

20140820_burpllandow47.jpg

On the way home, it developed a very slight noise from the front right. I got home, and left it in the garage yesterday with no time to look at it due to work. This morning, took it down to J-Tech Automotive to get it checked out and the noise has gone entirely, so I think it was brake / heat related. I've ordered a new set of DS2500s to take with me to Oulton on Wednesday, as the pads did take a bit of a pasting at Llandow :eek:

So...I'm heading up to Oulton on Tuesday, and got the renaultsport day on Weds with a bunch of people off here which I am really looking forward to. NorthloopCup BIGASH - can you let me know which tools you are taking, as I won't bother doubling on them for our Garage :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks for the update, Oli. Your car was going like stink at Llandow mate - a credit to you, your driving and Budgie et al! :)

Always a pleasure to see you and have fun at Oulton. Catch you soon!

Glad you had a good time Oli :) All we could do with for Oulton is a jack as i’m only taking one and these are clio’s after all ;)

I’m bringing all my tools apart from the engine crane haha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Did you book into the Devere as well by the way in the end BIGASH ?
Cub. are you staying over the night before and coming for some grub with the cool kids?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Thanks for the update, Oli. Your car was going like stink at Llandow mate - a credit to you, your driving and Budgie et al! :)

Always a pleasure to see you and have fun at Oulton. Catch you soon!

Mmmmulti-quote. Cheers bud, was good to catch up again. I suspect it was more the car, than my driving ;)

Flamer looks good on track mate :)

Shame I couldn't make it :(

You were missed fletch, lets get that driveshaft done and then the fletchbus will be rolling again!

Glad you had a good time Oli :) All we could do with for Oulton is a jack as i’m only taking one and these are clio’s after all ;)

I'll bring my jack :)

No BBQ invite for me :( I are disappointed.

Dude, I apologise. I was sure I copied you into the invite via PM? I did say on my PM, to invite anyone I had missed off....there will be another one at some point over winter I would imagine :)

Did you book into the Devere as well by the way in the end @BIGASH ?
@Cub. are you staying over the night before and coming for some grub with the cool kids?

I am staying up the night before, at the nearest travelodge. Can I join the cool kids for dinner please....let me know the plan. :cool:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Drop me a text and I will, phone died recently and lost numbers so not got yours anymore mate.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

I'm bringing the hammer and a condom. If the hammer don't work, f**k it. :eek:

Didn't get to chat to you at Llandow but was really impressed by how it sounded and the pace it was carrying through the corners.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Didn't get to chat to you at Llandow but was really impressed by how it sounded and the pace it was carrying through the corners.

Cheers Ash, shame we didn't catch up :( A few people commented it sounded pretty good, which is nice to hear :eek:

I was chuffed with how it ran, for a car built by mail order and ginger midget. Lol!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Picture heavy update I am afraid. Some more from Llandow (thanks @SharkyUK ), and a couple from Oulton. First time I have done Oulton, and it was a great circuit. Thanks to all for a great day. Special mention to @NorthloopCup for being a mincer (loved Kermit though), @BIGASH - epic car bud, truly epic and thanks for the tuition. @LeeP86 - good to meet bud, and thanks for the pad swap help and @Ed.200 for the convoying / pub. Really great crowd of people and good to meet some new faces :) Thanks to Adam and Holt for these photos.

IMG_0329_zps381180f6.jpg

IMG_09_zps91340616.jpg

IMG_07_zpsfc8a653d.jpg

IMG_03_zpsd84162a6.jpg

14868677487_f5b8281d78_b.jpg
15032204956_ff24738769_b.jpg

14868699157_bdba4d38e8_b.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

A few issues to sort on the car, some scrubbing at the back, potentially warped discs and it was struggling to go into third at times which I need to investigate. Tax is due at the end of the month. Overall though, I was chuffed with how it ran at both days and thoroughly enjoyed using it in anger again :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Glad you had fun at Oulton, mate :) Just don't be blaming the 3rd gear gremlins on me... my Trophy was not contagious so you didn't catch 3rd-itis from me... :p

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Great pics mate.. Car looks great.. wish I'd had chance to look it over.