ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I trust you'll be going by our unit on the way back from Dans seeing as the M4 motorway is less than 2 miles from it??

Should be old bean. Will be a Sunday. It won't be mapped though, as I need to run it upto RS Tuning to have the map altered. Dan is kindly going to datalog it to make sure it can be driven ;)

Will you be at aforementioned unit on Sunday 2nd?

330i. E30 Touring.
Should be old bean. Will be a Sunday. It won't be mapped though, as I need to run it upto RS Tuning to have the map altered. Dan is kindly going to datalog it to make sure it can be driven ;)

Will you be at aforementioned unit on Sunday 2nd?

Result.

Any reason It's not going to Woodford?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Small update. I went upto Cadwell to watch the guys race and lend some support. Was good to catch up with people, and a great days racing. First time at Cadwell and I thought it was a great circuit, so its on my trackday list for next year.

Whilst there I asked better technical minds than mine ( LeeP86 and chip ) to head out in the car to determine what the strange noise is that first appeared after Llandow and has plagued me since, especially when hot. They both thought it was the CV Joint on the dry side driveshaft, so that needs adding to the list of things to do when it goes to @Dan@SJM for the charger end of Oct. :eek:

The car hasn't moved since Cadwell, but through the power of CS Logistics (much thanks to @welshname ) I did acquire another set of track wheels, in the form of these 15" Speedline Williams wheels (Genuine Renault fitment). One is a bit battered on the rim, but they are all straight. A rattle can respray and they will be 'reet :)

SpeedlineWheels_zpsaf9bbac7.jpg

So the wheel / tyre options available will be;

- 16" Pirellis with P Zero Nero for Wets / Winter daily
- 15" Oz F1s with AD08rs for damp track / Summer daily
- 15" Willys Speedlines with Dunlop Direzza DZ03g for dry track

Just need to get a new set of AD08rs and DZ03g on the wheels before next years track season. In terms of planned track days;

- Bedford as season opener
- Donington
- Anglesey
- Cadwell
- Oulton (Renault day)
- Snetterton
- Burpspeed day at Llandow (if they do another).

Roll on 2015.

Inferno 225 cup
It's a shame I've not seen this yet, from the pics you've posted it looks incredible even with the white hosing.

Can't wait to hear the supercharger whining ( in a good way).

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a shame I've not seen this yet, from the pics you've posted it looks incredible even with the white hosing.

I'll save you the bother......

Imagine a Clio .. any one will do .. now imagine it's pink.

OK ?

Now, if you will... imagine there's a bear driving it looking for someone's picnic to steal.

Job jobbed.

You're welcome !

Inferno 225 cup
If you sort something bud, I'll bring it along :)

Don't be dissing the hoses though!

Yeah, I'll have to get something organised :)

The hoses look good mate.

I'll save you the bother......

Imagine a Clio .. any one will do .. now imagine it's pink.

OK ?

Now, if you will... imagine there's a bear driving it looking for someone's picnic to steal.

Job jobbed.

You're welcome !

Gotcha
b6b6acdbb0460c0a3d410e572669f716.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Hope you can make it to Donnington on the 9th as I want to see this again!

Sadly it is looking unlikely bud :(

I'd need to source some more pads / discs and I don't want to throw more money on the standard set up when early next year I'll be getting 4 pots. Work are being vague as to my whereabouts which is infuriating aswell.

You doing the Bedford season opener, normally circa Feb 21st ish....

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You're welcome! I have no idea how that wheel has lost that much on the lip and still looks straight as hell.

Although we do need a PROPER update. I think you should lock the thread until then.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Coming together mate! Give me a shout when you go down to Dan's at the end of the month and I will pop down for a bit.

Sadly it is looking unlikely bud :(

I'd need to source some more pads / discs and I don't want to throw more money on the standard set up when early next year I'll be getting 4 pots. Work are being vague as to my whereabouts which is infuriating aswell.

You doing the Bedford season opener, normally circa Feb 21st ish....

Aw no :( Fair enough!

I might do, I need to man up and get my car on track ;)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Minor update, car is still in the garage awaiting its trip to Dan and Paul :) Not long now, two weeks or so. Cannot wait.

And in anticipation of hopefully getting some good footage on track, I bought this from a member on here;

dsc_0292-jpg.115027

I'll need to get a roll cage mount. Also, do I need a cable to download the film onto the laptop Suppose I should have checked before I bought it...lol!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll need a different mount as well for Bedford etc as MSV don't allow suction mounts.

Tempted to get a GoPro as Argos are selling them for £99 at moment.

Did you not get a cable? You'll need one to charge the battery. Unless you have a stand alone charger.
To get the footage off you'll need a SD card reader to plug into the PC. I have a Lexan one from MyMemory.co.uk.
That's assuming the older GoPros work in the same way as the new ones and have a mini SD card in them.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
If you wouldnt mind can you get me plenty of pictures of how the charger is mounted? (onces it done of course!)

Yep, no worries bud.

Did you not get a cable? You'll need one to charge the battery. Unless you have a stand alone charger.
To get the footage off you'll need a SD card reader to plug into the PC. I have a Lexan one from MyMemory.co.uk.
That's assuming the older GoPros work in the same way as the new ones and have a mini SD card in them.

It comes with a cable I believe...haven't picked it up from work yet.

have you not built this yet???

Leads. Needs leads.

Waiting for some leads still? :wink:

Ha ha! Headshot.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Going to be a busy week this week with the clio :smile:

I am dropping it early Thurs am at @Dan@SJM's workshop to have the following fitted;

- Full rotrex Supercharger kit, with some custom hosing to replace the blue hoses :wink:
- Magnecor leads (thanks @tom172cup)
- Gen90 ECU
- Mocal Oil Cooler
- Mocal catch tank
- Dry side driveshaft
- ARP Rodbolts
- Toyosport intercooler
- Megane injectors
- Map sensor and ancillaries

The plan is to pick it up again Fri evening, with it data logged to make sure it is safe to pootle about in. Monday morning I will then be off to Paul's at RS Tuning for the mapping on the rolling road.

I have settled on the Brembo brake conversion for my brake set up, and have bought a set of Meg 225 front calipers that will need cleaning up, refurbing, machining and then re-painting in red. I have also committed to buy a set of HEL braided lines and caliper mounting brackets from @chris powell on here, top man!

Piccies of acquired pieces;

$_35.jpg

Leads_zps0eb90bd4.jpg

Leads2_zps7e6cf129.jpg

So, post charging the final few things will need sorting;

- Fitting the brakes and getting them to go under 15's, much like @Ph1 Tom has done an excellent job of :smile: I'm interested to hear of what track day disc / pad setup people recommend @G 172 please.
- Fitting aero catches
- fitting the roll centre kit from @NorthloopCup
- getting it corner weighted and the geo sorted.
- re-powdercoating the battered willy's wheels.
- getting ADO8rs and DZ03g's on the wheels.

Nearly done.

Then track it. Lots.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Great stuff Oli :D

I much prefer my RC5+ pads to the DS2500 and believe it or not the dust is better too! I'd say they are similar in braking to DS3000 but the dust of the DS3000 is nasty whereas the RC5+ dust comes off easily. No matter how hard I tried they wouldn't fade either.