ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Great stuff Oli :smiley:

I much prefer my RC5+ pads to the DS2500 and believe it or not the dust is better too! I'd say they are similar in braking to DS3000 but the dust of the DS3000 is nasty whereas the RC5+ dust comes off easily. No matter how hard I tried they wouldn't fade either.

Yep, I think i'll go with the RC5+ pads after hearing only good things from you and others. Which discs are you running Tom? Also, with 16mm spacers and some machining do you think the Brembo's will get under Oz F1's?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, I think i'll go with the RC5+ pads after hearing only good things from you and others. Which discs are you running Tom? Also, with 16mm spacers and some machining do you think the Brembo's will get under Oz F1's?
I'm just using Brembo HC discs at the moment. My new aluminium bells have turned up, I just need to get the rotors for them now so it won't be long before they're on.

It'll reckon they'll go on ok :) Make sure you get the bolt to hub type rather than the longer bolt ones.

182cup & 172 racecar
Lol, I blew the tyres up last week thinking that was it, alas one has gone down, turns out to be the valve, must have clipped it whilst getting very close to an Mr2.
So wheel off and valve changed, bloody cars.
Apart from that, yes.
Bedmonsta isn't coming, so I'll be on my own. Party time!!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol, I blew the tyres up last week thinking that was it, alas one has gone down, turns out to be the valve, must have clipped it whilst getting very close to an Mr2.
So wheel off and valve changed, bloody cars.
Apart from that, yes.
Bedmonsta isn't coming, so I'll be on my own. Party time!!

Annoying about valve.

Rest sounds good. Is it Saturday?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Get that Megane done bud! :smile:

I feel for you, reading all of my waffle! Lol!

its not bad tbh, i skipped through all the waffling ;)

when its done im driving up that way every weekend for new friends. im bored of all mine (im lying, i have no friends) being boring and not into cars

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
A Giraffe, you mook.

You also didn't reply to my text.

Sorry old beak! He has gone with a local as he needs it done in two weeks! Appreciate you're help bud, sorry got caught doing some work and forgot about our texts :(

Yep, two days. Dan is a wizard :) Then off to mapping on Monday. 3 day build. That's the way we roll over here. Except for Jaff. He works in decades. Not days.

its not bad tbh, i skipped through all the waffling :wink:

when its done im driving up that way every weekend for new friends. im bored of all mine (im lying, i have no friends) being boring and not into cars

Car fwends. You're basically admitting being welsh is rubbish. 😂

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Car fwends. You're basically admitting being welsh is rubbish. 😂

flol being welsh is awesome! check out or roads init!
@MicKPM will stick up for me here (hes a secret welsh wannabe)

next time your in wales give me a shout ill pop along in the focus and you can have a go ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I look forward to seeing a fully functioning three day SC build. Brave man.

next time your in wales give me a shout ill pop along in the focus and you can have a go :wink:
Not even close to the lakes, pal.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

next time your in wales give me a shout ill pop along in the focus and you can have a go :wink:

it is true, secretly I long for the Valleys

Not long now mate, i bet you cant wait :smile:

How much would this type of brake set up cost all in?

All depends on how much you get the calipers for, cost me £346+ discs and pads. Admittedly the paint isn't perfect on them but I don't care so much. Would be interesting to know about clearance on the OZ's as I fancied a set, didn't realise it'd be so close. Will have to see if anyone near me has some.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You'll be busy this week by looks of it Oli!

Discs and pads wise for an out and out track car imo, Brembo HC discs and the Ferodo Racing DS1.11 are seriously worth considering. They were the control pad for the Clio Cup racers (using same Brembo 4pots as you're putting on yours) .

@sonny172cup rates them and @MicKPM will be testing them out on his newly acquired Cup in the near future at Donington Park :up:

7dfedb9f1d94e97f1e6557496eb0f517.jpg

[emoji85]