ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Good news. Flameshed passed its MOT and is getting taxed. Only done 400 miles this year, so taking it up to Blyton for CSF will give it a good run out. I gave it an oil change and filter change, and checked the pads etc.

Looking forward to CSF. Much excite. I'm on track in the afternoon, and I'll be experimenting with the suspension setup to find what suits my driving style best......

Some obligatory photos of it. Had a good look around it on the ramp and all looks good;

View attachment 1330329

View attachment 1330330
Looking forward to seeing the Flamer again bud, and having a catch up!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I've had the ASTs since 2015 bud, just haven't played much with settings. 5200's with custom spring rates.

Ah my bad sorry lol. 5200s, with the external resevoirs?

Do you have any idea what you spring rates actually are though? Was just keen to see as I've recently got new ones for mine.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Been a while since I’ve updated this, largely because flameshed hasn’t been upto much, sadly.

Since passing its MoT and then me having to miss CSF (gutted) I sorned it for the winter.

I had noticed the negative battery clamp on the terminal had become too loose and had reached the end of its life. It wouldn’t hold on the terminal and needed a snapped off drill bit end jammed in it to stay on the terminal. So this weekend I took the old one off and wired the new one on;

073076C5-8B69-44CA-82E0-295892D756E9.jpeg
355D667C-97E2-4E17-AC25-C56DCE5BE605.jpeg
8B5A88DB-3A2C-49DF-853C-00B9C4AA6544.jpeg

I then started it up, ran it up to temp and performed a very satisfying short spin around my drive :confused:

I had a check around it and looked through the history file and have determined that before it gets used in anger next spring i’ll book it in for;

- check the diff, and if necessary get the box out and diff replated

- change the oil and get the charger checked

Other than that, it should be good for some fun.

I’m determined to do a few more track days than this year, now Wilbur is a bit older. If it only does 400 miles again this year, i’ll have to seriously review ownership :frowning:

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Not sure yet. I’ll speak with J-tech and see who they recommend.

Does TTS come with good recommendations?

I think they're the main rotrex suppliers but tbh i'm not sure if they do any sort of inspection/maintenance on them? i could be wrong though?
I seem to remember reading on their website a while ago that they didn't do any charger servicing

I emailed them a couple of months ago about mine because i thought it wasn't performing as it should, they just said it either works or it doesn't!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
How are you finding the Samco coolant lines? Been considering getting a set for my car, mainly just to match the colour to my boost pipes. Do they leak or anything ?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
How are you finding the Samco coolant lines? Been considering getting a set for my car, mainly just to match the colour to my boost pipes. Do they leak or anything ?
Samco hoses are the best.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Sad to see this incredible car go mate!

A car that gave me so much inspiration with my own supercharged project.

Will be great to have a catch up at CSF bud! [emoji1303]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Yep, looking forward to the weekend. I’m pretty sad about the clio, but it’s got to the point I feel a little sorry for it sat there not doing anything when it should be hammering around a track or b-road!
I was in the same boat. Needed more seats and had a Clio doing nothing.
Good excuse for something bigger and fun now?!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted you’re selling it mate. It’s definitely the best Clio I’ve been in, but your reason for selling it is a good one!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Sad to see this incredible car go mate!

A car that gave me so much inspiration with my own supercharged project.

Will be great to have a catch up at CSF bud! [emoji1303]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Cheers bud, yep be great to catch up.

I was in the same boat. Needed more seats and had a Clio doing nothing.
Good excuse for something bigger and fun now?!

Sadly, life catches up with us all at some point! I’ve got an extension to get out of the way first, then i’m angling for a four seat classic a la 67 mustang or something.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
End of an era Oli! Still can’t believe you got it in 2011.

It really is the best Clio on here imo, I remember hammering it around Llandow pre-supercharger days! Someone will be getting one hell of a toy!

Need a catch up soon mate, hope all is good.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Sad day Mr Bear, I did the same with the PH1.
I now have an Impreza that doesn't get used. ?

good luck with it, I'm sure it will go to a good home. ?

Sad to see a part of the CS furniture go but as others have said, there are definitely more important priorities than old Clios :)
I've always admired your car and the photography that goes with your posts about it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Such a great car, hopefully it will go to a good home, credit to you ?
Onwards and upwards, you'll be back ?