ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup on the rollers

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
This morning she was put on the rollers at Janspeeds new rolling road. Really nice old fella, made me a cuppa aswell. The car made 165.87 at the wheels and 176LB of torque.
This equals to 212bhp at the fly. He did all the losses calculation etc. Way over my head. Only thing that worrys me is the torque curve were it dips! Is this normal? Also have some vids if someone wants to host them for me :evil:

Attachments

• rolling2.jpg
    rolling2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 153
thats gonna open a can of worms,

well done mate, wish my cup was putting out that sort of power. It will be cool to see the vid if anyone can host it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Mods are below.

ENGINE
-K+N 57i induction kit
-Hillpower silicon inlet elbow
-Custom 3" bore stainless system exhaust
-De-cat
-Exhaust manifold modified and matched
-Inlet manifold modified and matched
-Schrick rally cams
-SMT6 mapable piggy back ecu
-Colour coded engine cover
-Stainless battery cover

SUSPENSION
-H+R hight adjustable coilovers
-OMP strut brace front and rear

BRAKES
-Standard factory discs and pads

WHEELS
-Standard 16" speedline turini
-Michelin pilot exalto PE2 tyres

INTERIOR
-Cobra imola 2 seats
-Cobra custom low subframes
-Cobra side mounts
-TRS 3 point harnesses
-Momo race stearing wheel
-Momo race gear knob
-Stripped out to save weight

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WoW! thats wicked mate! Top job!

*wonders round the office dribbling*

172 cup TT
Thats great, nice one... only thing though, would it be advisable to uprate your injectors at that power?

Nippy white cup
looks like 20%...which is good because mine got 157 atw last time out so thats just over 200bhp at the fly..woohoo! ;)

Chris

Chris n`nic said:
looks like 20%...which is good because mine got 157 atw last time out so thats just over 200bhp at the fly..woohoo! ;)

Chris

i had 156 Chris so im with ya on the woohoo! :evil: ;)

182 Full Fat
Ant1 said:
Mods are below.

ENGINE
-K+N 57i induction kit

Interesting that the 57i kit gets a lot of bad press (e.g sucking in hot air), but it just goes to show that in conjunction with other mods, the 57i can achieve good results.
Very interesting results

muz

big fat japanese bus
looking at the traces you can really see 2 stages of big power increase I presume one when it comes on cam one one when the valve timing kicks in.

Very nice must be good fun in the wet!!!!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for all the comments. Nothing has been done to the car since it was last put on the rollers. It has really loosened up since i purchased it off nev. Driven it really hard purposely because i thought it was still very tight. Obviously 110% maintained all the time. Don't forget there is always a varitation between each rolling road.
I also have some vids but someone will have to host them for me.

172 cup TT
yeh good stuff, it was on just under 10k in the summer so im thinking your on about 15ish'k now eh?.. losening up nicely.. cracking... Dont spose you know prices on the cams? £600ish arent they?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just under 16k now. Don't know the price on the cams. Think they are about £600 ish like you said.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
My misses computer has not got bb. I will send them over tomorrow. :D Is that ok?

Result seems very optimistic, would love to believe it though because if your making 212 with those mods mine will be making 220 + come the end of January (which it wont on a Dastek RR)

X 200+ cup, now focus RS
top stuff mate, thats a bit better then when i had it done at 202hp, ive delt with mat at janspeed a few times, nice bloke and a top place,

well done mate, glad ya happy with the old girl, runs the same bhp as me new rs focus.....mmmmm that will have to change soon.