ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer project finally finished

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Got this car from a mate a little while ago for the grand sum total of nothing been sitting in my nans garage 4 a while and now ive got it to work i can actually start stripping it to give it a new colour and replace all the road car bits like gearbox with the race version i.e sadev sequential etc.

opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• DSC00134.JPG
    DSC00134.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 832
  • DSC00135.JPG
    DSC00135.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC00137.JPG
    DSC00137.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC00191.JPG
    DSC00191.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 717
  RB 182
Re: clio cup race car project!

Bloomin hell! Wish I had a mate like that! Why was it free and how did he get his hands on this?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

erm it was the car he used to race and when he changed teams they built him a new car with some of the bits off this car which he then put road car bits in to make it a track day car and nvr used it! and ive got my hands on the bits i need to turn it back into a race car.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

kinda got that a bit cheap too cos i work for the team who sold it to me, got the box driveshafts uprights and hubs for 2 grand

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

when im done it will be silver with anthracite speedline 2020's

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

I guy I used to know raced in the clio cup and won it, Paul Revett. Lovley Base for a track day car. Is it the 5 or 6 gear sadev?

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

6 speed, yea i kinda know him too

His dad owned Atlanta raceway in croyden i near on lived there in the summer months, nice part of the world you live in, i used to live in water lane by the White cross pub.

www.cliocupexperience.com

The sadev box is the best part of the car - crazy removing it!

Although I did consider swapping it when I had problems with mine, but the whole reason I bought it was for the sequential shift.

Look forward to lots of fun when it is completed ;)

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

brill mate, wish i had mates in the tourin world :(

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

yea gear box is good, i used to be able to change one in bout an hour and half when we ran them last year.

Mondeo TDCI 130

^ thats quality! had a little bit to do with Steve Colbert through the renault connection, he was a nice lad, god knows where he went, just seems to have dissapeared!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

You know where to point him if he ever gives away the 320si.;)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

he worked for a clio team called fsr this year as their driver coach.

RS RIP

"bits like gearbox with the race version i.e sadev sequential etc."

Do'nt want to foul up your topic , but how much would such a gearbox cost for someone who is'nt an insider ? Second hand, or is this a no no ?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

erm theres only one that i no of that isnt in a car unless you find a writen of car and i think they wanted 4 grand for it,

RS RIP

just did a search, it's for sale for 3000

let me shake my moneytree....
nope, it's autumn so i guess all of it's gone with the wind :(

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

they are pretty reliable obviously not as much as the standard road box but there not as much fun. when we used them in the race cars last year we had them rebuilt once half way through the year.

182cup & 172 racecar

I got through one last year,but there was another problem that caused that,so pretty good.

182cup & 172 racecar

Getting ramed up the arse twice at the Hungaroring(if you know what I mean)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

little bit of an update in case anyone is interested, havent done much to it for ages but finally found a 2 post lift i can use indefinatly so got cracking shell is basically fully stripped now apart from engine, ancillerys and dash.

few piccys

Attachments

• DSC00259.JPG
    DSC00259.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC00260.JPG
    DSC00260.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC00261.JPG
    DSC00261.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 323
  • showcar.JPG
    showcar.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 390
  Clio Sport xxx

your one lucky git!! fair play to you dude. Reading this has got me really itching for a track car again!! just a shame money has so much influence on it!! :(

Loving the orange TC!!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

you are correct it is the show car me and tom went to a charity karting event in it

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec

6 1/2grand new

thats alot :eek:, how reliable are they?? cause me mate spend £6,000 on his OS Giken (sp) bog box for his RX7, then fuked it wiv in 2months!!! :dapprove:

They can't be driven like an ordinary box mind. If you're gentle with em they tend to shred the dogs. They like it hard and fast, so to speak ;)

I learned this from the Formula Fords we work on at uni.