ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer project finally finished

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Re: clio cup race car project!

personally id leave it with the yellow and blue paintjob cause it looks original an different.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

mmm yea i no wat you mean but i wanna make it my own and to look less like a track/race car

Focus RS mk1

hey lee hows u mate? its rob, did last season with u at tcr, hows the project coming along? my 172 is having a set cat cams on the 5th and got few other little things to do.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

so i haven't done much recently, even so i though id better do a small update. had a bit of good luck and picked up 10 speedline wheels and about 20 part worn slicks along with a spare bumper and a pair of spare driveshafts all for very cheap.

spent ages trying to get rid of annoying ripples in the bonnet which as my filling skills are shocking took a while. also finished making the air intake for the headlight and started doing the minor repairs to the bumpers.

next job will be to clean the shell and prep it for priming.

few pics

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

so finally after much faffing on my part and on the part of the body shop who was spose to be spraying the car for me it has now gone to be sprayed down the road to a different bodyshop who are doing me a cracking deal of £500 to spray the shell inside and out and all panels and trims. so hopefully in a week or so il have it back and can start going back together.

DSC00588.jpg

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3

looks great! post me a bumper seeing that you have two ;)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

trust me mate you wouldnt want them, theres a reason i paid 20 quid a peice for them.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

yup and one of the corners broken off and lots of dents and stuff they both came off race cars so battle scared, nothing that a bit of filler and fibre glass couldnt sort out.

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3

i see,, well Lee, keep this thread going! really got me stuck in matey ;)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

i shall il put some pics up as soon as the shell comes back in iceberg

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

Iceberg - good choice! Looks like a good little car you've got going there.

I was looking through the BMW Individual brochure this morning and they have a colour called Moonstone silver which looks amazing. Changes to a bluey silver like iceberg, but also has a gold tint when the sunlight shines on it.

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

That looks amazing!!!! The definition of potentail, can't wait for mine to reach that stage, silver was a good choice too.

Top bombing

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

Top job.

Love the way it looks like its levitating

haha its on the world worst trolley, its got a mind of its own and the shell nearly fell off twice on the walk back from the body shop

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

Looking Good Fella.... Did you manage to shift those Wheels?

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

haven't really done much at all as still waiting for parts from the frogs but i thought id put up a couple of pic of how it looks at the mo. comments welcome.

DSC00685.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

quick update as ive been slacking recently but got alot done today, fitted the engine and the front corners. just waiting for the right cut switch from r sport then it can be fired up!

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

comments welcome