ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup racer project finally finished

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Re: clio cup race car project!

Right havnt updated for a while, finally got round to fitting the new rack sourced from the team i used to work for. I attempted to just drop the subframe instead of taking the engine out this however failed on a massive scale resulting in me having to put the car away without a rack fitted! so next time i work on it il do it properly and take the engine out as i should of done in the 1st place!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS

what air box you going to be running

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

I'l be running the standard clio cup race one which i think is from a v6 espace, might change to a different after using the car for a while though

RS RIP

^^ i've learned something; the V6 box was used to keep decibel levels down on the cup cars wherever this was an issue (like Zandvoort-Holland being in the middle of residential areas). Where decibel-restrictions were easier, they were'nt used .

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

actually did some long awaited work on it yesterday, after work so only a few hours.
after buying the gearstick a couple of weeks ago i made a mounting plate anfd fitted it in place also fitted the exhaust and finished fitting the engine after i had to remove it to replace the cracked steering rack. its still on the ramp at work so will try and do some more on monday morn before starting work.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

haven't updated for ages!
been spending alot of lunch breaks on the car recently trying to get it ready for its forst outing at fcs. pretty much finished the interior just need to fit seat anf finish running cables, fire extinguisher and brake lines. spent about 3 hours tonight on it bleeding though the brakes, sorting out the cut switch on the scuttle and modifying the dash board to accomodate the fan i have for windscreen. as soon as interior is done il stick some pics up. oh yea and got trailer test this weekend so wish me luck.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini

so after not updating for ages i finally got the car ready for FCS and had abit of track time but had a few problems which are all now sorted. just got to do a full spanner check then will be booking up another track day. anyway heres a couple of pics of the final product after pretty much 3 years.
clioontrack.jpg

cliostand3.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27

Ah so that was yours Lee, was wondering in most photos. Looks superb :)

Qashcow
ah i saw you driving in and out lots all day (was with TDF/Burpspeed/Ph-reebone stand), hadnt realised it was yourself.

very very nice looking car, i feel one day i'll own a cup racer of my own!

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Yours looked great Lee - went to France didnt it? I still have the headlight duct from yours, at least some of it is still in the UK :smile:
Yes it did, it went to a racing school i think so i hate to think what state its in now.