ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dan@SJM's 1720v

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 5 RS
Re: My Phase 1 ITB Daily Runner

it's from my rover 216 lol, Honda D16A6.

Strangely it's the DOHC which is 120hp (according to wiki) (D16A8)
Mine is SOHC (D16A6)... This engine should be 108hp as far as I can work out...lol. Weird! I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere, there must be a single cam version with 120hp. Doesn't add up!

Beast ;) Edit: must be this fcuker:

B16B2

• 1998-2001 Honda Civic Estate (UK)
  • 1997-2000 Rover 416si Automatic
    • Displacement : 1,590 cc (97 cu in)
    • Bore and Stroke : 75 × 90 mm (3.0 × 3.5 in)
    • Combustion Chamber Volume : 32.8 cc per cylinder
    • Power : 116-118 hp (? kW, 112 ps) @ ? rpm
    • Torque : ? ft·lbf (? kg/m, 143 Nm) @ ? rpm
    • Valvetrain : SOHC 16 Valve
    • VTEC Switchover : Non-VTEC
    • Fuel Control : ?
    • ECU Code:

For the record, yeah, I'm currently bored as fcuk ;)

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

facepalm.jpg

Evo 5 RS

Cheers Gaz :)

Just weighed all the original glass (excluding front windscreen) and it comes to exactly 15kg..for those who care

Evo 5 RS

don't be daft, I'd have the B brothers engine thanks ;)

Yeah about the whole grey thing..sure I can't tempt you with a nice shade of green? Or baby blue lol x

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

don't be daft, I'd have the B brothers engine thanks ;)
Yeah about the whole grey thing..sure I can't tempt you with a nice shade of green? Or baby blue lol x

um... not sure really, i have never really thought about other colours, i just saw that scirroco last year in off-road grey and really liked it, thought it would really suit the clio, the yellow etc etc
nah i am good, proper expensive colour too

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I know it's very last year/3 years, but I still think a matte, army-esque green would look quality on the shape of the Ph1.

On the bright side, my best mates dad is paying for him to do a car wrapping course so he can wrap his work vans, apparently if I buy the vinyl (no idea on cost??) he'll wrap mine for nout.

Evo 5 RS

that would be a right result. Never been a fan of wrapping but can't moan for free. Get some mad patterns..always been a fan of the cow patch look lol

Qashcow

I'm tempted with a wrap, cheaper than respraying it and when I get bored I can just rip it off again

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I'm tempted with a wrap, cheaper than respraying it and when I get bored I can just rip it off again

don't do it....
after being around, and seeing lots of wrapped cars its not worth it...

if its not done by someone really good it will look sh*t
on another note it is extremely easy to mark, can peel and if your car is pretty not 100% factory paint you WILL have issues when you come to remove it

Evo 5 RS

2K coloured Primer sealer
Base coat colour Porsche grey, black
Lacquer
2K semi matt black
Hardener
Thinners
Sundries

£1,380.00 inc VAT

Evo 5 RS

Thats not including labour lol. Just thought id give a DIY price ;) the paint wasn't cheap

Qashcow

Ah reet, didn't even think about the lack of a labour charge lol. Not cheap business is it, I must of spent over £100 just on paint for the cage in total

Evo 5 RS

nope..it didn't help that the paint was special order only but I was so dead keen on before checking if it was actually available and for how much. Oh well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.