ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daniels Blue 182.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Today when driving to work I had the car talking to me twice, once was ABS lights and the stop lights and all that.

Then when in traffic I had the flashing engine light. Shall have a scan of it when i'm home. Weird little car.

RB Clio 182
I've had endless problems since my turbo conversion bud, some not turbo related mind, dont worry about it!

I came out of sports direct yesterday and some c***s opened their door on my door, you can see a small dent in the right light :(

I'm going to give the dent man a ring when I get off my hols, get him to do the whole car fuckit lol.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Highly appreciated that man, just about to order this which is the filtration module so I can just swap it straight over. The car is off the road in a few days anyway as it's getting the gearbox refurbished and fitted with a new selector shaft seal as mines leaking all over.

http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-8200201750-filtration-module/

Out of interest and not to question your knowledge obviously but where does the concern lay? Is it with the stresses on the bolt?! When I took it for a drive yesterday it felt sublime changing gear.
Now the tightened bolt fixes the rotational axis. Despite the ny-lock nut it may become lose resulting play in the elbow joint. If the bolt begins to move in the hole, that will widen that. (the fork type linkage end supports the bolt at 2 points and separates the nylock nut and its washer from the rotating small linkage rod, it is safe solution.) In the worst scenario that gear linkage end may break. Safety the first and foremost.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've had endless problems since my turbo conversion bud, some not turbo related mind, dont worry about it!

I came out of sports direct yesterday and some c***s opened their door on my door, you can see a small dent in the right light 😧

I'm going to give the dent man a ring when I get off my hols, get him to do the whole car fuckit lol.

Know someone decent as I've got a few in mine that were there when I bought it and wouldn't mind getting rid?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Dad sent me this, this morning. Dying to get out of work and fit the b******s!!

IMG-20150624-WA0003_zpstoafqdjv.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
All fitted and over the moon with how they look! They look so much darker on these pics though. I'm going through the process of getting some paint mixed up to spray the bullets the same colour too.

18937404590_899886d43f_b.jpg
IMAG0345 by dann2707, on Flickr

19119421932_ae48346018_b.jpg
IMAG0344 by dann2707, on Flickr

19119411892_2eb3842218_b.jpg
IMAG0348 by dann2707, on Flickr

19119419802_d0f3644835_b.jpg
IMAG0346 by dann2707, on Flickr

18937399880_2cdf1ecc1b_b.jpg
IMAG0347 by dann2707, on Flickr

18938973379_73248db1df_b.jpg
IMAG0351 by dann2707, on Flickr

19128501771_7d3c55d877_b.jpg
IMAG0352 by dann2707, on Flickr

I need to let it all settle then play with the suspension to get the height right as it's high at the moment.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the comments guys :) appreciate good and bad replies always!

I'll adjust the fronts lower and I might have to remove the adjuster cup at the rear as that's the lowest it can go atm! The back seats will be out soon too so it won't look chavvy low.

Haven't given the tyres a good hammering yet as I'll wait a hundred miles or so first.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'll adjust the fronts lower and I might have to remove the adjuster cup at the rear as that's the lowest it can go atm! The back seats will be out soon too so it won't look chavvy low.

Because race car?

Anyway, when you going to give me a hand fitting these coilovers? ;)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Shall we say the weekend of the 3rd July? I can't do this weekend as I'm in Poland but would definitely be available the one after.

They'll all be sorted for the driving meet on the 17th then :smiley:

Sounds good to me, I'm off to the lakes tomorrow for the weekend anyway. Just need to get the camber bolts ordered at some point as well. May even be cheeky and ask for you to show me how to fit my bigger knob.

Still got you on WhatsApp I think so I'll drop you a message next week :)

You just want your car to me mine, don't you Dann? Our cars are alarmingly similar!

How long did it take TyreLEader to ship your tyres, I ordered some on Saturday and haven't heard anything...

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
You just want your car to me mine, don't you Dann? Our cars are alarmingly similar!

How long did it take TyreLEader to ship your tyres, I ordered some on Saturday and haven't heard anything...
Are they?! different spoiler, different wheels+tyres, you have roll correction and strut brace, different seats, I have harnesses, you have rear strut brace, you have f**king aerocatches everywhere :p they couldn't be any more dissimilar haha

3 days they took matey.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
i love your car ..

Thanks Al mate :) see you soon, are you coming CSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ?

Wheels look spot on mate, this car is honestly one of my favourites on the forum.

Thanks a lot Kieran, means a lot dude :)

If you get stabbed in Poland can I have your car?

I think you mean when rather than if ;) but yeah man, she's all yours. I've also got the buckets coming on the 17th of July so i'll change the delivery address to yours too.

I've taken a few more pictures to whore the wheels out some more 😂

19157384231_0c734b7045_b.jpg
IMAG0357 by dann2707, on Flickr

18966169160_d47ab17e3b_b.jpg
IMAG0359 by dann2707, on Flickr

18531343864_ed64efe0e7_b.jpg
IMAG0358 by dann2707, on Flickr

19153870145_107dace65a_b.jpg
IMAG0360 by dann2707, on Flickr

I like how they stick out more at the rear than the standards for those extra scene points y0

Finally happy with taking a pic of my car from the side now, always avoided it after curbing my wheels before haha

Reactions: Gus
Are they?! different spoiler, different wheels+tyres, you have roll correction and strut brace, different seats, I have harnesses, you have rear strut brace, you have f**king aerocatches everywhere :tongueout: they couldn't be any more dissimilar haha

3 days they took matey.

Aftermarket spoiler, both going to be running 15" wheels sprayed black, standard fabia splitter, removed washers, bilsteins, PMS top mounts, buckets, Megane shifter with yanoo, small steering wheel...

Obviously not a carbon copy, I just notice similarities.

In all seriousness, your car is looking awesome at the moment and I'm really looking forward to TFTD2.

172 Cup
Loving the car dude! Whats the throw like with the scenic shifter? Or have you shortened the linkage aswel as fitting the yanoo kit?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the car dude! Whats the throw like with the scenic shifter? Or have you shortened the linkage aswel as fitting the yanoo kit?
It feels about the same as standard mate in terms of throw. I didn't shorten it down but it does feel perfect :)

Got the gearbox back and it now feels absolutely brilliant after the drive to work today :D

Apparently one of the bearings (not sure which) had cracked inside (maybe why there was play left and right when in gear) as that now feels great.

3rd and 4th syncrorings were destroyed as were the the fork selectors in those gears. The selector seal was also replaced.

Feels so much better and i'm not sure if it's a placebo but the car seems to feel way more eager to go, not really sure how thats related?!

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
How much did it set you back for the stripdown and fix up mate?

Im looking to fit a Scenic lever as well, did you have to remove the gearknob to fit the yanoo?

Cars looking good as always!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How much did it set you back for the stripdown and fix up mate?

Im looking to fit a Scenic lever as well, did you have to remove the gearknob to fit the yanoo?

Cars looking good as always!

It came to £215 overall mate. It was going to be £120 to replace the seal but obviously the other parts and work bumped the price up.

Sadly yes you do to fit it through but the original gear knob isn't that nice anyway size wise I dont think

Thanks for the comment buddy.

As above mate :D