ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Souls - I want to throw it out the window

Mito Sportiva 135
Now I am not claiming to be the best gamer in the world, but neither am I the worst and like to think I can complete most games to a decent level without too much fuss even on a hard setting. Dark Souls sounded challenging but rewarding so I picked up a copy.

4 hours in, about a million attempts to kill the taurus demon (and the same dozen or so undead warriors before him) I finally killed him. However I couldn't find any save point, went under the bridge near the red dragon, got shafted from behind by a skeleton and died. Upon respawning I was then at the bit before the taurus demon again.

My point is...yes a challenge is fun, but this is too challenging at the moment. I now have used up all the equipment I had and got to kill the bugger again. Should I perservere, or throw the disk out the window? (the latter is my current preffered option!)

My friend tells me it "starts to get hard after the demon"...

1eight2
I haven't played it but reminds me of Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox. I'm sure its actually impossible to complete...

Fiesta ST-2
Got it my brother last year for his birthday, great game but very difficult, which it makes it much more rewarding. It helps playing it with someone else, because you will die (a lot) and lose hours of progress. That's when its time to give someone else the controller instead of launching it out the window.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
lol aye, very hard game indeed. Fun though :)

hardest-game-ever-gif.gif

Mito Sportiva 135
Thin is Ninja Gaiden was hard but doable (although don't think I ever completed it) this is just too hard. I killed the Taurus Demon but then immediately into a new area, no real plot progression, and then died a lot more.

It is challenging yes but maybe I just don't have the time or patience for it?!?

Nissan 350z
Yeah its you. I recommend you trade it in and pickup a copy of DragonAge or AssEffect, they spoon feed you everything instead ;)

Demon Souls and Dark souls are 2 of the best games i've ever played. They're rock hard and at times you'll even want to cry!!! haha

Respect the game ie don't go charging around or you'll get killed , just take it easy and take your time and over time you'll get GOOD at the game - the game does get harder , but it sort of gets easier at the same time , mainly because you're better at it.

It's certainly no "Golden Axe' hahahaha Keep on truckin

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
PC version came out last week, just had to give this a go.

F*cking hell.

2 hours and 34 minutes and I'm barely past the tutorial boss. So unforgiving; once you learn the controls though and regain patience you learn to enjoy the challenge.

Kind of.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ordered.

Although, on one review, it says after 30hours game time it can affect your mental wellbeing? LOL.

Nissan 350z
Ive bought it on the PC as well via Steam for the DLC.

Just going through it again now and as its essentially my 2nd play through (1st being on 360) its actually easier knowing where to go, what to do etc. 15hours in and ive just arrived at Anor Londo after clearing Sens Fortress.

I recommend starting as Pyromancer if you want an easy time, once you upgrade the Pyromancer Glove your spells will deal far more damage than any weapon attack can.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
15 hours in already? What are you some kind of freak of nature? I'm 4 hours in and barely past the first boss LOL(2nd if you count tutorial). I never played it on console mind you.

Only 25 other bosses to go apparently...

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Suppose, I wasn't really in over the day. Looking at other peoples attempts I don't think I did too badly getting where I am so casually lol :approve:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah its you. I recommend you trade it in and pickup a copy of DragonAge or AssEffect, they spoon feed you everything instead ;)

Haha I played these before, and loved them. I just don't have much time to play games now so I want to get through it, not spend 30 attempts doing the same bit. I got past the first taurus demon and that was enough for me. Might get better later on, I just don't have the patience (also Dragon Age and Mass Effect are bloody amazing!)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My copy just arrived. It's a gorgeous day today so I've made sure the curtains are fully shut. :cool:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yep lol. Died twice, beat that asylum boss and now onto the next bit. I've no idea about the humanity and kindle stuff though :S lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Died quite a few times now lol. Went down loads of steps and tried to cross a long wooden bridge but two ghosts kept killing me :(

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Died quite a few times now lol. Went down loads of steps and tried to cross a long wooden bridge but two ghosts kept killing me :(

Yeah you don't want to go down there yet lol.

I'm about 13 hours game time. Just killed the vagina dragon, took me a couple attempts. Going down to Blyte town now. If you can, grab the titanite catch pole off the demon guarding the forest area. Been using it for ages and is awesome when upgraded.

Make sure you explore for secrets, you get some pretty decent stuff off NPCs. Or you could just kill them

Nissan 350z

Yeah.... your doing it wrong! lol.

As Scone said, you dont want to go down there your supposed to up from that "safe zone" the stairs are by the side of the cliff. Once you go up the stairs and into UndeadBurg? your at the start of the picture i posted above :)

Protip: Buy a bow and arrows in UndeadBurg and use it to shoot the Dragons tail when you are under the bridge hes sitting on. The tail dangles over the side.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Just before the taurous (sp) demon in the undead burg part, is it worth going down the steps to kill the big dude? Do you get to take his armour or anything?

Came so close to killing that demon but ran out of firebombs :(

Oh and I accidentally killed some bloke that looked like he was making or selling stuff lol.

Last edited:
  Nissan 350z
Ooops if you've killed the trader your going to struggle alittle as you need a bow and arrows (which he sells) to get the Drake Sword (shoot the dragons tail until it falls off)

There is a small chance the Black Knights drop something, either armor or weapon but i wouldnt hassle yourself with it now come back later. Theres at least 5 of them i can think of off the top of my head. If you are struggling with the taurous demon try climbing the ladder on the tower and dropping down onto his head and attacking (like you did in the asylum at the start).

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I left it after failing to kill the wolf a few times. Got him down to 50% but he's too fast.

f**k this game.

Bit annoying as I managed to kill the spider demon in one try as well, was pretty chuffed with that. Titanite pole is an epic weapon

Nissan 350z
The wolf boss that has a sword in his mouth? Even i havent tackled that yet! After killing the spider boss and ringing the 2nd bell have you cleared Sens Fortress yet and been to Anor Londo? If not your abit ahead of yourself at the moment so leave it and come back later :)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I've been to Sens Fortress, got a bit lost after killing everything. Realised later from my mate that you have to go up the elevator where the ridiculous tooth chest is. Which totally caught me out first time round.

So whilst not knowing where to go, I thought I'd blow 20k on the door crest in the forest. But yeah, the wolfs hard as nails! Is Anor Londo the place below, with the ghosts? Cleared them out, found a lift but had no means to use that either lol. I know if you kill the mage on the roof top, he drops a key of sorts but didn't kill him. If I can't kill wolfy later, I'll probably reattempt the fortress and check out that boss lol.

Nissan 350z
Sounds like you've been busy and done abit of everything then without knowing how they all link lol!

Essentially the wolf drops a ring that allows you to kill the boss of the ghost town (New Londo Ruins). Without the ring you cant kill the boss (4 kings) so going to the ghost area is pointless yet. If you keep going through it, the guy on that roof helps you drain the water out of the city which leads to the boss.

What you need to do is finish the Fortress and get to Anor Londo, kill that boss too (Biggy and Smalls) then head back to these areas.
[video=youtube_share;T3d94pxVRQU]http://youtu.be/T3d94pxVRQU[/video]

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I know this game is in the habit of dropping very little in the way of hints, but it's frustrating not knowing where to go lol.

Cool, so I'll hop on back to the fortress then. Might give wolfy one last shot though :eek:. Not sure why the games so moreish. Maybe it's just because it is challenging. Frustrates the hell out of me yet I'm still playing it

Last edited: