ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailed pearl black172

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Thought I would do a little write of my detail on my pearl black 172. This was my first go at using my Da I have recently purchased . It was pretty tough as working outside at the side of the road, got rained off several times. I didn't really get any pics during process as time was short but the process is as follows-
Rinsed with pressure washer
Sprayed all over with rapid dirt shifter allowed to dwell then rinsed again.
Wheels cleaned with bilberry wheel cleaner and selection of brushes.
Car cleaned with two bucket method with mega shampoo and lambs wool mitt.
Dried with drying towels.
I then masked up all the trim/window and areas that need protecting. ( I came to the conclusion 3m tape is a hell of a lot better than the Wurth tape I got from I4detailing)
Then got I got the Da out. This was my first attempt at machine polishing so I went for a gentle combo of a 3m yellow pad with menz super finish.
Prob wasn't aggressive enough to really correct much but it did bring some life back into the paint. I then used AF triple on a 3m blue pad. I then sealed with 2 coats of AF tough coat. ( I planned to give it a coat of Hd wax on top but ran out of time) I dressed the tyres with megs endurance. Cleaned glass with AF crystal. Anyway here's a few pics of iPhone so not great ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686563.633688.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686588.653657.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686608.387047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686622.600751.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686636.231527.jpg

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369686710.160196.jpg
Can kinda see how much it came up in this pic, rights side had a pass with the da

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Would like to correct it more, but happy for first real attempt. GF's mini next

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
A couple more from last sat before it got covered in dust at work

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
No it's a real 172, just meant they don't stand out like the cups and 182's