ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
No that's not a good entry level polisher mate. That's a way to teach yourself how to hate polishing a car.

I would start off the Ep801 or a DA polisher mate.

Lol, I went back to bed rather than start my correction today, my forearms still remember!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
When applying glaze by machine (or an LSP) is it necessary to fully decontainate the paint again even though it was only done 3/4 weeks ago?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nah will be fine mate. Claying is a twice a year thing. Detarring and de-ironing can be more depending.

Anything inside 3 months no, but check the paintwork.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely combo mate, I still remember doing the Frp with BH and Purple Haze, looked unreal in the flesh.

Low speeds mate and just let it work away. EZ Creme Glaze is another great glaze.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
On average? How many passes with a glaze? Can i just keep going until the panel looks better?

They should text you and email you.
My PB order is just about to be delivered. So should have the things I need to finish off the Megane finally!
Some AF Tough Prep, then as many coats of Z2 as I can be bothered with!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's quite similar to polishing tbh mate, the product will only cover a certain area tbh so just gauge for yourself. Couple of passes as you're just working the product in not breaking it down as such.

So easy to use mate.

Ambient temp, paint, previous prep work, pad and machine will all have an effect. You'll note a good glaze "melting" into the paint work like butter - it's quite a clear change, Clart, so you'll be fine.

If I may, Kev, I'd disagree. It's a hell of a lot easier than polishing, because the change is so much more apparent to the untrained eye, in comparison to the final stages of a polish.

Fiesta ST200
Right mate, I've decided I may need a machine. I'm looking at this, and reviews on DW seem to think it's a good entry level machine.

I've got Amigo & Z2. Are these enough, or should I get something else (Menzerna)?
Would I need other pads?
Do I need a backing plate?

I've never used a polisher, so don't want to make any errors. I assume I'd use the machine for polish only.

Hahaaaaa.

Reminds me of when I used silverlines at work. You go deaf and develop fore arms the size of Russia itself.

Would not recommend.

I blew 2 of them up. They are turd :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ambient temp, paint, previous prep work, pad and machine will all have an effect. You'll note a good glaze "melting" into the paint work like butter - it's quite a clear change, Clart, so you'll be fine.

If I may, Kev, I'd disagree. It's a hell of a lot easier than polishing, because the change is so much more apparent to the untrained eye, in comparison to the final stages of a polish.

Lols! No you may not Esq! I meant in regards to polishing area. The product only stretches so far. So blah...

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Had an amazing day today

Guy called me up to do three jaguars for him, two of which, were very tasty! Combined insurance cover up to £500,000 apparently

E type

A71CEB29-C5BE-4A1F-9A35-46A2A602D006-3530-000001BC80770AAB.jpg

And 1 of only 7 in this spec (right hand drive automatic)

471BD2C0-EB7B-432A-90B9-398CBB5C8D9D-3530-000001BBDD76AED2.jpg

And only zymol concours would do :)

02B20506-F559-43B2-8B4F-4A7E49D6C6B1-3530-000001BD63A60EBA.jpg

D0C8F943-DD7E-4DC9-A832-5896DB45C5F2-3530-000001BBE794A09E.jpg

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
A wax may last 3 months or so, but is the same true if it's applied to a garage queen, where the car is kept indoors, undercover and in a heated & de-humidified environment?

What I mean is, is it mileage and exposure to the elements which degrades a wax, or is it time itself?

O

Oakley12

I'm guessing it would be more the elements of weather. Although time would be a factor. Not too sure tbh.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mostly elements mate. It's a sacrificial layer at the end of the end of the day.

If I had the luxury of my car being inside all the time i'd probably wax it every night. Very therapeutic.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Full correction to do tonight/in the morning. Can I be arsed? Can I f**k.

It also looks like a repaired area has almost zero clear coat left thanks to them putting about 1micron on. Ugh.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Full correction to do tonight/in the morning. Can I be arsed? Can I f**k.

It also looks like a repaired area has almost zero clear coat left thanks to them putting about 1micron on. Ugh.

Fastcut+ on a wool pad at 3000rpm should be fine then

330Ci cab
Mostly elements mate. It's a sacrificial layer at the end of the end of the day.

If I had the luxury of my car being inside all the time i'd probably wax it every night. Very therapeutic.

haha i say this when i do mine, my mates think im bonkers

Received my PB order yesterday. So now I'm back home I'll be applying AF Tough Prep to the whole car, ready for Z2 on Saturday.

And is it just me who never wants to drive their car in crap weather after spending ages cleaning it!?