ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 172 Cup
I had a nightmare with the aqua coat altho I don’t think I jet washed it correctly the turtle wax stuff is decent cheap and can be used as a drying aid more than anything

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I love the C2v3 but I'm using it over CSL + Exo. That said it's coming upto 2 years since I had it ceramic coated now I imagine the Exo is gone. Can't say I've noticed much deterioration with it perhaps sticking with Gtechniq soap and pre wash etc has paid off.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Upsetting

IMG_20200405_161758.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
Someone has managed to get some sticky horrible sweet stuck in my rear carpet. Ive tried freezing it and pulling it out carefully but its just pulling the carpet apart.
What other options do i have ?
Anyone used a steamer ?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Someone has managed to get some sticky horrible sweet stuck in my rear carpet. Ive tried freezing it and pulling it out carefully but its just pulling the carpet apart.
What other options do i have ?
Anyone used a steamer ?
One of those cheap hand held steamers should do it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like C2V3 but it doesn’t really last long and doesn’t bead anything like the hydro2 did. I’m after something fairly long term.
You're using it wrong, it's diluted, it's out of date.

One of them has happened. C2 is a tremendous product. I've seen 6 months on the right car.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You're using it wrong, it's diluted, it's out of date.

One of them has happened. C2 is a tremendous product. I've seen 6 months on the right car.

Probably the former. I only got a couple of hits with it before it emptied itself in my boot, so I’ve not used it that much, sadly. But even Gtechniq say it’s not mega on beading.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I’ve got a bottle of Hydro2 Lite that I’ve had since my clio... I’m assuming it’s pretty fooked by now.

Is there anything better these days? I know when @Daniel put it on HOU before he sold it to me he just gave it a quick going over and it was still beading fantastically when I sold it.

Turtle Wax seal n Shine. It's on my wife's carnormally use Hydro but this stuff beats it hands down.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I don’t think the stuff goes off so should be fine.

Hydro is still best I’ve tried however I’ve been using AF Aqua coat recently because you can get it in Halfords, smells nicer too.

Used auto finnesse aqua coat since it came out do not use on hot car rinse very well and you will never have any issues👍
Great on wheels too😉

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
What APC is everyone using used verso last time and works well next to order some more just wondered if any better / cheaper alternatives??

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I love C2v3 on my beater, it’s as quick and easy to apply as detailer and easily lasts a couple of months. I tend to apply it every month or so as it’s so easy and makes the car look great.

I’m not aware of a better product when it comes to ease of application vs durability. You can also use it on glass and plastics. Basically you can spray it over the entire car.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Used auto finnesse aqua coat since it came out do not use on hot car rinse very well and you will never have any issues👍
Great on wheels too😉

Yeah I've always sprayed it on a panel at a time then "shocked" it into the paint with the pressure washer on full bore then rinsed.

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Yeah I've always sprayed it on a panel at a time then "shocked" it into the paint with the pressure washer on full bore then rinsed.
If you like spray on rinse off products Gyeon wet coat is still the daddy...aqua coat is good as is carpro hydro, but not on the same level as Gyeon wet coat...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Turtle Wax seal n Shine. It's on my wife's carnormally use Hydro but this stuff beats it hands down.

Got this stuff from ECP when it was about £5 a bottle. Tested it on my new (to me) car after a spray decon only and its beading its nuts off 3 weeks later. Considering Meguiars is over £20 a bottle now, this is a total bargain and wished I had bought 4 😂

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
If you like spray on rinse off products Gyeon wet coat is still the daddy...aqua coat is good as is carpro hydro, but not on the same level as Gyeon wet coat...
Is Gyeon wet coat a good base for applying a wax on top of? Dont normally wax so but since I got a bunch off someone on here I'm down to give some a try

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Is Gyeon wet coat a good base for applying a wax on top of? Dont normally wax so but since I got a bunch off someone on here I'm down to give some a try
You can apply a wax on top of wet coat but it defeats the object,wet coat is a product that once it is applied and rinsed off that is initially your LSP.If you put a wax on top of it you will lose the water sheeting and self cleaning properties of Gyeon wet coat, and it would be replaced by what ever wax that you apply on top of it!....thats why I rate wet coat so much as once applied,rinsed,and dried off your good to go (y)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have a good brand of pressure sprayer that seems to last with something like Surfex HD in it?

I've bought a couple over the last few months and even though I depressurise them each time, the seals randomly seem to give way and it won't hold vacuum.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Does anyone have a good brand of pressure sprayer that seems to last with something like Surfex HD in it?

I've bought a couple over the last few months and even though I depressurise them each time, the seals randomly seem to give way and it won't hold vacuum.
Wurth are great quality and not silly money. Should do well.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have one of those hozelock ones and have used Gtechniq W4 and W5 through it. I prefer to stick with W5. Have not had any issues yet but I do leave the lid off and rinse it out after every use.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What APC is everyone using used verso last time and works well next to order some more just wondered if any better / cheaper alternatives??
In the past i was using Meguirs APC, but since the rise of Ceramic coatings I’ve recen gone for G-Techniq W5 Citrus based Ph Neutral APC . I’m pleased with it

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Well priced too, Ill give it a go.
Is the bathe plus worth a go also?

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Well priced too, Ill give it a go.
Is the bathe plus worth a go also?
Yes very good, with detailing their is a term called overload, these products are designed to make your life easier for example... say that you did not have enough time on your hands to wax your car after washing it,Gyeon bathe + is perfect for just that type of situation as it's a wash and go type of product...Wash car,Dry car and your Done! (y)..Car protected for around a month or so,as bathe plus is infused with SiO2 so will give you lots of water sheeting/beading etc....

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It’s lovely cleaning your car at a slow pace. Had two coffees so far, only done the wheels 😂 they’re absolutely battered though, paint peeling for some reason.

F5E619FB-910D-4A1C-8C22-E6CF064B71C6.jpeg