ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Gtechniq easy coat too.. I couldn't get on with the Turtle Wax one whenever I tried it I had to go over again to remove smears. Black car doesn't help with how obvious marks are but other people rate it so must have been doing something wrong.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Im also a big fan of the turtle wax spray on sealant stuff. For the money (sometimes on offer with ECP at £5) its exceptionally good value. I struggled to kill it when I was doing a decon too!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Finally used my non kink 15m hose for my Karcher, absolute game changer especially with my quick swivel head

I still need to buy one of them for my Nilfisk. Bugs the s**t out of my everytime I wash the cars with the standard, kinky hose.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@leeds2592 I have this one. So much easier to manage and roll up.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Or

Forensic 10 for a code

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Do you have the short trigger as well? How'd you find it? I'm in 2 minds on whether to get one or whether it'd be money spent better elsewhere.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Short trigger is really good.

I got this one but got the gun and bits from somewhere else as it was cheaper.

Do you have the short trigger as well? How'd you find it? I'm in 2 minds on whether to get one or whether it'd be money spent better elsewhere.

Ive bought from the above company and got one of their AB9. Rate it highly, re the short trigger, there's also a small extension lance (second thing down in the pic) and I'm pretty sure they can make you a lance up as well if you want one - can choose between the two then.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Brushes!

I need a brush that I can use around lights, door handles, window seals etc.
we’re doing a few older cars and I’m not happy jamming the jetwash in to places like I do on the newer stuff.

The usual hog hair ones are too floppy and soft and aren’t man enough and the cheap nylon ones from the local motor factors scratch the paint.

can anyone recommend anything please??

Clio 2.0 138hp
Brushes!

we’re doing a few older cars and I’m not happy jamming the jetwash in to places like I do on the newer stuff.

The usual hog hair ones are too floppy and soft and aren’t man enough and the cheap nylon ones from the local motor factors scratch the paint.

Detail factory get good ratings. They do boars hair and ultra soft ones. I've got both and rate them a lot.
The other ones that get good reviews are the work stuff brand. They make loads of different bristles too.
Failing all those, the valet pro ones are a reliable alternative

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Brushes!

I've had a set of these for about 8 years and they're still as good as when I bought them.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Brushes!

Paintbrush.

Trim it down if you find it too floppy...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Tried that but its then too short and the metal band that holds the bristles in catches everything.

Detail factory are pretty much the best you can buy. I have them and they’re brilliant. Very well made.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Happy New Year all, may be of interest a Karcher dealer has taken a Unit up the top on Eastways Witham near me. I’ve had a grey pro hot wash with a 15m hose on trial from them. The hose is so thick it’s like dragging a snake around which surprised me and they did not have a thinner rubber hose for this machine. I replaced one of the lances on my K5s, one of which has a 10m extension and gave it back. You also need lots of water pressure for it to work properly and the increase it force is not really needed. I was disappointed really as not better, in fact worse than the ones I already use.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Brushes!

I've just bought two 26JPN Ultra-Soft Detail Brushes from Amazon and they're like makeup brushes. Short one and a long one.

You can get them from www.26JPN.com and you can get 10% off with "Next10".

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Could think of some other things I'd rather be doing on a Sunday but instead I found myself in a freezing cold unit correcting a golf!!

tempImageAw3YMi.png