ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Any of the fabric sealants are good. I've used the Gtechniq and Gyeon and there's nothing in it between the two, both easy to use.

You can't really mess up a trim coating mate. Go for CarPro Dlux and you can use it on trim and wheels. It's literally wipe it on, wait a minute and then wipe off.

Cheers James - will grab whichever fabric protector looks best value.
How is durability on trim in your experience for Perl? It’s water based isn’t it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone used, got and looking at selling some qdx spray or graphene wax by chance?

I fancy trying it but cba in buying new because I will only use and try it a few times.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Cheers James - will grab whichever fabric protector looks best value.
How is durability on trim in your experience for Perl? It’s water based isn’t it?

Not used Perl. I think @Sunglasses_Ron has.

Wouldn't imagine it'd be more than a couple of months.

Perl isn’t very durable on plastics trim tbh. I generally just use it as a tyre shine.

Dlux is a great shout and Solution finish isn’t too bad either. It doesn’t last ages but much more durable than Perl.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is there any discount codes at the minute? Clean and Shiny have stopped WD10 10% off. Shame as i've used it a lot of times for quit a while, it was good while it lasted.

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Threw some ez gloss boss wax on. Superb to use.

IMG_20210420_184439.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I’m interested to see why so many folks buy ez stuff? They came from nowhere yet i see the name crop up. Don’t they just rebottle products?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Popular because dfs constant sale.

I've used their tar and glue which is ok. 14 posted for 5l
The wheel ckeaner, nah.
The wax is good. 4.20 for 100ml. Was 50ml

All of which I bid on during lockdown boredom and paid half price.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My colleague had some iron remover which was worse than hopeless. Watered down rebottling feel.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Infinity wax Graphene spray update. First 2 pictures are on a dirty car in the morning.

20210413_201357.jpg

20210413_201328.jpg

After washing with pure infinity wax shampoo...

20210420_195034.jpg

It has some of the best sheeting I've seen from a quick spray product. Beading is standard sealant look, really repels water, snowfoam and shampoo when washing so it's bonded very well. Will keep an eye on it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
try PDUK10
awesome thanks for that, i was a bit rushy and placed the order, i totaly forgot to look on here to see if anyone replied. It does work that code and i will use it next time. Anyway thanks for the code thumbs up.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
20210414_125608.jpg

20210414_125616.jpg

20210414_125630.jpg

20210414_130005.jpg

Carbon collective sateen 2.0

I've tried it a few times in the past and always preferred a gel but I've really like this product. Easy to use and perfect colour. Beads and stays black for a decent length of time also.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Found this lurking in my shed.....

@Gally I was using AF Tripple on a white pad. I'm assuming I work it until pretty much clear?
I think I added a bit too much and I was struggling to remove it as after 1 panel the pad is pretty much soaking in the stuff.

Attachments

• 20210423_133000.jpg
    20210423_133000.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Found this lurking in my shed.....

@Gally I was using AF Tripple on a white pad. I'm assuming I work it until pretty much clear?
I think I added a bit too much and I was struggling to remove it as after 1 panel the pad is pretty much soaking in the stuff.
Haha! How much did you put on FFS! It's a glaze not a polish! Couple of pea sized blobs and away at low speed. Couple of passes or do a 50/50 to see how it's going.

I would say it isn't the easiest thing to remove. I mix it with infinity wax dark glaze or something like black hole just to aid removal. Trial and error but I never thought triple by machine removed easy.

It's a tiny bit old school in its nature.

20210421_112039_resized.jpg

Apologies not a Clio, how do I avoid doing what i've done on the door here and end up with some bits shinier than others? (Front half of front door looks glossier than rear half)

I realised my mistake (trying to correct/polish a silver car) and it was tricky to see the product where i'd been with the product.

Working outdoors in the sun might not have helped and maybe should have gone into a shaded area.

If only using two pads - is there anything wrong with using a damp pad after being cleaned out or will it 'dilute/water down' the compound? My plan is, 3 pea sized blobs, use a couple of times, then into a bucket of water, clean by hand, spin up to get most of water out and onto the next pass? (Using a DAS6 and hex logic style medium cut pad and Menzerna heavy cut 400)

It was my first go on the car..i attempted the bonnet and the door and because i couldnt see where i had been...i gave up and applied a sealant with a soft pad, but again couldnt see where I had been.

Strange. Have you a side on angle of the door
Bit tricky to picture, attempted some side angle pics this morning.

Excuse the err not very well kept front garden.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210424-102705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-102705_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210424-102740_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-102740_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20210424-102749_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210424-102749_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's a blend line my good man. Someone has painted the wing and blended the door badly. Or painted the rear door and front.

Looking at the dark area it's most likely the front wing and door. Very common on silver especially with average bodyshops or painters.

Repainting it will fix it.

Fair enough, there I was thinking im getting rubbish results with where ive been going with the DA and the compound. (Might still be though)

Not too bothered, i'll just use it as a practise car, but i guess it does explain why...i'll have another go see if i can improve. Cheers fellas

@Gally Cheers, I never actually looked at the paintwork that closely before I bought it, was more concerned on servicing side plus it was hell of a lot better than previous Fabia with its rusty sills and arches.

Managed to find an earlier pic and the blend line was there before I had a go with the polisher...thought i'd worked one half of the door more than the other or applied too much pressure...at least now i know it wasnt due to that!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Was changing the pads on the E92 earlier and got a bit carried away.

Liners are still caked in tar but it's a lot tidier than it was. Just a shame the race spec AP caliper hardware hasn't stood up to road miles and the winter. Not a surprise to be fair and to be expected. Should probably of kept on top of it a lot more but the actual pistons are still spotless and the discs have all their float still

Raceglaze Alubrite for the alloy arms etc, AF APC as its all I had and dressed with CG barebones as again, it's all I had lying about [emoji28]
652b87f22a868765c7d61f69ae9197fe.jpg
c73ea4b8961e9f31e30cb36d3d873206.jpg
da92b9e1f5672ebb8dc178fde54a7a9d.jpg
71e12daf93fa2a1818fbc3f531eb3bbb.jpg
5b5e84ded069fa635b9ff8b6f0d3d253.jpg
9036ec1beaead589c2311631b23f428b.jpg
ce5ec7b00fa6f4a71ec48350042f613f.jpg
dfd5a3ad7204bc7362800aa072a6d0da.jpg
43fc0f35a25401e891285b53845cba6c.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Bare bones is actually still great! Not many products do what that does!

Get some hammerite on those discs.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Need to replace the rotors at somepoint anyway this year and could do with some fresh rear pads and discs to be fsir

Yeah first time I've used it, wouldn't normally use 303 Aerospace for dressing but found an unopened bottle of Barebones

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question, where best to buy the Kirkland Microfiber 36 pack? Bought my last three packs two years ago at £18 each and now seem to have gone up to around £25?

Not got a Costco card either..

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Quick question, where best to buy the Kirkland Microfiber 36 pack? Bought my last three packs two years ago at £18 each and now seem to have gone up to around £25?

Not got a Costco card either..

I just use Amazon, don't have a card either.

That seems about the going rate.

Reactions: MLB