ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not something I've ever needed to do really, even In work.

Options are obvious so maybe someone else has used a product to help etc.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I'm going to give it a bash tomorrow, but I think it's going to keep undoing itself every time I take it off the gun to put the normal hose end on. I didn't think this through

Shouldn't do, you want at least half a dozen wraps of tape around it, that'll keep it tight then.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is there anything that can sort a scratched windscreen?
Previous owner must have cleaned it with a Holly bush inside and out.
We used to use jewellers rouge or cerium oxide to polish out very fine scratches at work. But you'll be there for hours and hours and hours. New windscreen would be the better option.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Is this a decent price for a starter kit?

Any other sets / products recommend? I have alot of kit already but it's a good 5 years since I've been interested in cleaning cars so I'd like to refresh the kit!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Or these guys have 15% off this weekend

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Gyeon stuff is good but it would be slightly cheaper separately with other brands.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Or these guys have 15% off this weekend

For the price the IW is a no brainer for me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've got the Gyeon Quickview, it goes on pretty much the same as RainX.

You'll get plenty of cars out of it.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone tried a decent snow foam or should I just re stock auto foam lol.

Not this…

864695e8c0207537236544c7907129ec.jpg

It’s complete crap… reckon demon foam gives more actual foam…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiesta ST-2
Tried some EZ deflector shield at the weekend on the wife's car (save the good stuff for my own car). It was my first experience with a spray on sealant and I was really impressed by the ease of use and sheeting. So much so that I used up on mine afterwards. I'm not expecting much durability wise, but will see how long it lasts. Any recommendations on a more premium brand version?

Just noticed IW releasing another mystery box tomorrow [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else bought the IW mystery box?

I decided to get that, go through what kit I already have and then place some orders from there

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looked at that before but never and now won't lol

It's good tbh I used it (admittedly in a pump spray bottle) but now use bilt hamber. People are easily tricked by the more foam = more cleaning power but as you know it's not always the way and I can vouch for W4 cleaning power not so much the price which is why I use BH.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What’s peoples thoughts on Water Spot Remover, is one better than others? I’ve got water spots not that bad from last year it’s on the pano roof, bonnet those type of places. Was thinking of getting it done ready for the summer. Was thinking of getting some Gteqniq or Gyeon stuff

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've not used many but a couple. Go for a well known one and you won't go far wrong.

If you want to remove spots and add a little bit of protection, Koch Chemie FSE is amazing. Smells lovely too

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
IW box came today, unfortunately two of the items have leaked.

Not overly impressed with the products in the box if I'm honest but that's the luck of the draw with these things!

Spoken to IW and they have requested photos and will come back to me, let's see how they handle this!

Fiesta ST-2
IW box came today, unfortunately two of the items have leaked.

Not overly impressed with the products in the box if I'm honest but that's the luck of the draw with these things!

Spoken to IW and they have requested photos and will come back to me, let's see how they handle this!
Not impressed with the contents either to be honest. They're pretty good customer service wise, I had something missing and they sent me a £10 gift card.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This rings a bell. Think I got an air freshener or something and it was awful lol

The bouncers mystery boxes are supposed to be very good

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Spoke to the on the phone, asked for an email with photos and then received an email back within 10mins advising they will send replacements.

Any idea what the yellow puck style thing is for?!