ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Bumder With A Buffer
How much is Nattys now? I have a pot of it that I passed onto my Sister (no Pics) as I didnt want it. AFAIK it hasn't been used and is still pretty full.

Edit:-

OOOOOOOO 10K posts nice. Where are the balloons and cake?

It was still beading on my old s**t box of a Clio after three months.

doing-it-wrong.jpg

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'll stick with Citrus Power then (maybe dilute it), Tardis, Iron X and just use Black Hole and leave the polish for now. I'd rather decrease/mask swirls especially as it'll be for sale soon.

Oh right I thought Iron X and Tardis would be used at every wash. I'm unlikely to wash it anymore than once every 2/3 weeks. So I'd only need it every couple of months when reapplying wax/sealant and just do a wash inbetween?

If I was to apply Black Hole every couple of weeks for the first 6/8 weeks to keep bringing the condition up then it'll need rewaxing/sealing? So it's worth using Tardis/Iron/Clay all again to give a smooth paint finish for glaze and sealant?

b****cks, it lasts ages if you apply if and prep it properly.

Cut the Lime Prime.

How would one apply it properly? A spray sealant like Tough Coat as per recommended will be a lot simpler and better for a novice?

Sorry for all the questions guys, I really appreciate the help! Thanks.

Bumder With A Buffer
It depends though

Mine was used on the Clio too, but I was doing 1.5k a week in mileage, down country roads in our "summertime". Which meant it was raining all the time and crap/mud on the roads.

I had to top-up with a QD like Z8 every month to help it last.

Waxing it then leaving it in the garage for 3 months doesn't count

;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'll stick with Citrus Power then (maybe dilute it), Tardis, Iron X and just use Black Hole and leave the polish for now. I'd rather decrease/mask swirls especially as it'll be for sale soon.

Oh right I thought Iron X and Tardis would be used at every wash. I'm unlikely to wash it anymore than once every 2/3 weeks. So I'd only need it every couple of months when reapplying wax/sealant and just do a wash inbetween?

If I was to apply Black Hole every couple of weeks for the first 6/8 weeks to keep bringing the condition up then it'll need rewaxing/sealing? So it's worth using Tardis/Iron/Clay all again to give a smooth paint finish for glaze and sealant?

How would one apply it properly? A spray sealant like Tough Coat as per recommended will be a lot simpler and better for a novice?

Sorry for all the questions guys, I really appreciate the help! Thanks.

think of them as different types of washes.
1 - the full strip, de contaminate, seal and protect. so use tar and iron removers, clay, black hole, and wax. do this to start then again when you feel the wax isn't doing it's job of protecting the car. dependant on the wax or sealant maybe anything between 2 and 6months this is needed. also dependant on the type of use and exposure to the elements.

2 - maintenance washes. just a normal wash with wax safe products, so no tar, iron removers or claying, applying blackhole will more than likely start to clean off your wax underneath it so again don't recommend that. you can add additional layers of wax provided the surface is still nice and clean. easier with the spray sealants. etc.

when they say apply properly its normally down to prepping the surface to provide the best base for it to sit on. stick with the nattys for now to cut costs, and if you feel you need to keep adding additional layers to keep up the protection then maybe look into something better later on

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Thanks for that Dave! That makes a lot of sense.

I won't splash out on too much quantity just yet, will buy some and see how I get on with it all. Hopefully give it a full going over next weekend then and then maintain. Would be nice to see it looking good before I sell it.

Good to know Rhino. Thanks.

182 Cup
bit of a last minute.
forgot to get some damn foam applicators.
i have microfibres, and autoglym polishing cloths. whats the best to use for applying SRP and HD wax, or am I best to bez it to halfords?
bear in mind I have to do a complete clean polish and wax before the light runs out and I won't have my car at home till nearly 7 :/

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Aye. My applicator was really loaded when I took out the pot, still going strong after doing the whole bonnet. I can't imagine why I'd ever need a new pot.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've just finished the first layer. Not entirely sure I can be bothered with a coat of vics :/

I'll have scotch and then decide :)

182 Cup
finished my car about an hour ago. buffing of AG HD undernthe floodlight :banghead:

will one layer suffice as its all I had time to do tonight after washing, iron x (used waaay too much of that btw) de-tar, clay, another wash. Drying, SRP, and then the waxing.

I've got some Dodo juice Basics of Bling to use tommorow after the drive down, is that going to help with protection?

Photo under floodlight ftl :(

b0188eac-473c-2f8d.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2X 500ml in Asda across from the hotel. ;)

Bright that looks superb!

Used my Amigo and Z2, very impressed with the results and how easy the Z2 was to apply.

Did one coat on Thursday and one this morning. Then thought f**k it and stuck a coat of carbon on in the evening!

A waste? Possibly, but I'm not arsed.

R14 CUP
I was well chuffed with the results from z2, amigo & carbon on mine today! Weather was PERFECT for it!!

R14 CUP
I used z8 on mine yesterday after & z6 this morning. Forgot about that, they have both become a part of my standard wash now tbh!! LOL!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got any f00ked spot pads (small) that I can have? (collected or cover the postage).

I need some for metal polishing via rotary.

R14 CUP
Yeah, I have some fairly decent probably 2.5" ones, that I bought by mistake. Hardly used today.

Pm me.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say, I'm really impressed with britemax. Applied it on Friday night, and it's lovely and sunny in Chester today. Flake pop is fantastic.

I'm applying amigo to the RB soon. Can't wait to see the results!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Think Gally has converted Revlols to the dark side, he was raving about his G1'd windscreen. Even Tom was asking how to get hold of some.