ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'll post it in here instead of the t'other thread...

Has anyone used the chem guys V34 polish compound before? Iv ordered a bottle to try on a very swirly Megane

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing this is dogshit but I have loads of these peoples products, compounds, wax, ptfe sealant etc any used it before?

6745E95B-72DD-4297-8842-3C6429269E0C-1592-0000014C64A2875E.jpg

Just a cheap carnauba wax mate. It'll bead nicely for a little while. :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just been using the orange crush, nice :). Only bought the 30ml sample pot did the whole car and theres still loads left, well impressed especialy for £6.

Pearce

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Looking at stepping it up a notch with regards to correction etc an sometimes think I could do with a rotary aswell as a da I've currently got the das 6 pro which i will be keeping but looking for a rotary to add to my arsenal what would people recommend on buying ?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Ep801 rotary from clean your car.

Very good value! Only £80

Or if money is no object I'd get a festool shinex, 3m, or flex

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Hi guys not finding much look as to what im wanting to know so....
I have a iceberg 172 what are you lot using on your cars for polish wax etc......
I have always liked poorboys its pretty cheap and is good for what i need.....i already have nattys wax and was thinking of using white diamond to go with it. Will be claying it next when i get some free time and try my D.A with some SSR then obv polish wax.
If you guys have any diffrent products you use let me know.

cheers dudes

Carl

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's just not as good as the competition especially not for an enthusiast.

Don't listen to Mr Dalton, remember people get paid to promote stuff. Remember his 3M collaboration?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols i'm not stating I know facts here. You'd need to be actually thick not to see Mr Dalton is a useful commodity to promote stuff.

I'll say no more. Plenty of eyes and ears in here.

Just like any industry. Messi recommends Adidas boots you buy Adidas boots. Same goes for anything like that.

FLOL. I like Marc more than most detailers, but I've just imagined "Bond, James Bond" in this accent;

Last edited by a moderator:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It's just not as good as the competition especially not for an enthusiast.

Don't listen to Mr Dalton, remember people get paid to promote stuff. Remember his 3M collaboration?

I have no idea what Big Cheese Dalton is up to, I stay away from DW nowadays.

I'm just going off a feel and a torque stress text we did at Shinearama (body weight didn't stop it turning, the pad was the first thing to explode)

There are only a handful of professionals that should know better that still do this. And don't too kindly to Kevin pointing this out, eh lad ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'm a bit of a cat amongst the pigeons so to speak. Give a f**k?

I agree it's an impressive machine, I can use one hand and control it but out the box the pads are poor imo, you'll notice Paul and Russ have change the backing plates etc in the past to suit better pads, making it essentially an expensive DA. It can't compete with the flex DA in that department.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Must say the dodo juice orange crush really makes the car shine and the beading is pretty impressive too. Best thing is that the water doesn't stay on the car long after its been raining, quick drive and most of its gone