ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
A pad cleaning brush.

I also have the pad prep spray from AF. Don't know if its needed though.
@Scrooge will know.
Daniel

yep a brush will keep your pads fresh and prolong the life a bit more. Brush and wipe over after use. I use a really soft one from polished bliss. Pad prep spray. One quick spray onto the pad with quick detailer will help prime the pad.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah I use cheapo Autoglym QD as a pad primer.

Never knew about the brush thing though, I'll get one tomorrow.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Good man!

Id love to see the level of detail you could get done on a motor over a couple of days.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
This turned up today, looking forward to trying it out on the girlfriends abarth.

554054_10152270362379897_15178489_n.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
At £150 for 30ml I hope it's easy to use and impressive performance.

Curious to see what these give over the more openly available coatings from GTechniq and Carpro etc

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Glass cleaners..... Only really used Eraser and AF Crytal, Anything better out there? Gf's Grandad has asked for some so want to get him the best stuff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
IPA/Panel wipe. I've tried so so many!!!

Swissvax glass is very good because it's household stuff in a nice bottle. He'd love the bottle etc.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
After a cheap spray bottle to use auto finesse wheel cleaner from, are foam sprayers worth the extra money? Don't want to be spending £5/6 on an empty spray bottle if the cheap ones are just as good.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Go into your local supermarket and buy the cheapest kitchen cleaner and use the bottle from that, works just as well, not felt the foaming affect has really added much to the product IMO

iceberg phase 2 172
R222 wax, about 80% full, also dj rainforest rub, again about 80%, dj lime prime about 65%, and autobrite cherry glaze around 75%. Looking for wax/sealants.. Polishes, tyre gel, can combine items etc

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All I used yesterday was Autoglym express wax. Car has no other polish or protection on it. Express wax Literally takes less than 5 minutes to do the whole car.

Check out the beading!

6upamuqy.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
With the absolute downpour we're having at this precise moment, i'll be suprised if it lasts until the morning! lol.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've used valet pro citrus neat and diluted 1:1 on pretty thick grime and it seems to perform as well as the best I've used. Plan to do a bit more experimenting with dilution rates as the car is so dirty 3 to 4 days after washing there is no water behaviour so will test its abiblity quite well.

I know the CYC advert states citrus pre wash is LSP safe, but has anyone had any issues of it stripping protection at all or affecting water behaviour? Using it neat, pressure rinse and normal wash I was surprised at the slow sheeting on areas where I had used it.

Avalanche I like as much as AF citrus power. It doesn't dwell long but it softens dirt very well and I find a pressure rinse after the car is considerable cleaner than just a pressure rinse. Still can never be used stand alone as a no touch wash, but when times not on side I'd be happy to just avalanche and pressure rinse to remove the worst until I can give it a proper wash

I used the sonax bsd QD at the weekend, application was cr@p. I've given products away to friends for this, but the beading is very tight over a wax and sealant base. Maybe a little tighter than reload or C2 used in the same scenario. Water run off was very quick despite not feeling all that slick.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I use VP citrus diluted 1:1 and it cleans just aswel as I've seen any others clean tbh. Plus its cheaper so win win. And it smells awesome!

couldnt comment on beading or sheeting as my car is shite at that anyway

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Think I may use some of my VP Citrus Wash at the weekend. My 200 hasn't been washed in around 2 months or something silly and it's absolutley gross. May do a comparison between Valet Pro and AF Citrus Power.

Car is protected with CQ Finest with a topping on Hydr02, so should be interesting. Will stick some photo's up if I do it (Weather dependant)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to be running out of illusion soon, I have around 4 or 5 more applications left. I was just wondering what the rivals would be around a similar price (upto £100).

I was thinking of getting a large sample of BOS from DW but I doubt it will feel as special using it from a tin and not the jar. Other than that I'm thinking of just getting another pot of illusion.

any ideas?

also, this doesn't need to be durable, I want pure looks and ease of use with this wax as it will be my new 'summer wax'

Last edited: