ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do any renaults come with an oil to air oil cooler with a thermostatic sandwich plate?

Ebay produces loads of oil to water sandwich plates off diesel models, and a suggestion that the laguna may have had an oil to air one, but no details.
I'm basically looking for a suitable vehicle from which to pinch a thermostatic sandwich plate with M20x1.5 fitment and a 65.5mm sealing ring diameter.
Cheers

I could, but theyre expensive and i wanted to see if there was another option, for instance in the vauxhall world everyone raids astras and cavaliers for the sandwich plate and lines and then buys a mocal copy core (to ensure it's clean)

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Fair enough. I've had a look on the Renault dealer catalogue and can only see air-water ones.

Thanks for having a look. I suspect I'll go oil water that being the case, avoid the lines and cooler sticking out the front end and give some regulation of oil temp against the water circuit.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
May not work that well. My 2.0 HDI 206 90ps Peugeot is remapped to 125PS and about 200lbs/ft and despite the oil to water cooler it easily sees 125C oil temps after a good boot. Might fair better on an N/A petrol engine.