ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dr Jekyll's Ph1 172 Progress Thread

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's a shame to see you've decided to split the car up, but I can relate to where your coming from. I have a mk5 golf as my daily driver. Air con, iPod connection, comfy seats, comfy suspension etc etc, and there's no f**king way I'd run the cup as a daily! Lol!

PH2 172
Hit this, this week.

22028311232_809beeffb0_z.jpg

After having long think for a while I've decided to end the project. I want a more mature car and I don't want to plow anymore money into the ph1. The money that I was going to spend on it will be better off getting a better car so I'm going to break it. Its unfortunately worth more in parts than it is as a whole in its current position. There's some nice parts on it that I shouldn't have trouble selling.

I have a stag do and wedding to attend this weekend, then after that I'll be looking at new cars. Once a car is bought then the Clio will go off the road to be split. If anybody is after anything in particular then please PM me.

Really like volvos so im looking into those. For sub 4k you can buy a well specced model that will give me comfort and fuel economy and more room.

I don`t believe it.
Someone has nailed your dick to the kitchen table and is waving a large knife about in front of your face.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I don`t believe it.
Someone has nailed your dick to the kitchen table and is waving a large knife about in front of your face.
It's only an old clio bud, not an F40.

I said to Mark a while ago to get rid and to put his money into something better.

Just glad he listened. [emoji2]

PH2 172
It's only an old clio bud, not an F40.

I said to Mark a while ago to get rid and to put his money into something better.

Just glad he listened. [emoji2]

Judas.
It`s not just an old Clio,it`s his childhood sweetheart,and he`ll cry about it on his deathbed if he breaks it!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be back at a later date Steve I'm sure. For now, though this is the way to go forward.

It's been fun having the ph1 but I'm stopping now. At least the parts will go to good homes. Onwards and upwards and all that :)

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Such a shame these things are worth more in bits :-(
I feel your bad luck tho !
Was in the same position when i got rid of my old s1 rallye was worth loads more in bits

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Shame mate but hey ull get something nice. Go for something with boost. Something like a focus RS or a scooby STI

Never expected this from you, you've stooped pretty low! In fact you can be classed with the likes of me now!

Much love

Ps; good move, buying my mondeo was the best thing I ever did lol. Until it breaks

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Who'd thought the day you bought it and drove it all the way home from Scotland that it would end up on the back of a recovery truck on its way to be crushed.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
End for this one, but one day I'll be back. They always come back!

Tbh Scott, I didn't. As you know though, this one has tested me. I just didn't want to ploy anymore money into it and I know I'd have too as I wasn't happy with it. Unfortunately temptation would always get the better of me! Don't get me wrong, I'll end up doing some bits to the Volvo but nothing major. It's nice to get in a car and just drive in comfort. Nice easy, lazy driving!

As said, I'm sure I'll be back and ill end up doing the same again! Until then, Y707 BBX is now deceased.

Sad times but onwards and upwards as they say!

I know how you feel about it testing you! Mine is doing the same too me as you know. Sodding things ay. Give it 6 months or so and mine might end up the same way

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Noise ingredients came:

17112350601_8b21db8224_z.jpg

16490573234_f98c36301e_z.jpg

16925446700_8d8af5e167_z.jpg

And all fitted up

17087099476_69dd6d264b_z.jpg

16492917283_a1e6a67147_z.jpg

16492917143_e70350a53c_z.jpg

16905668127_7d8a010311_z.jpg

And i love it! :up:

Thanks guys. I wanted it looking subtle so opted for the black hoses, plus i dont have any other big colours apart from black and silver on the car. I bought the ash pipes but didnt want the brand showing so i twisted it so it was plain black and kinda OEM looking.

The biggest cost is the filter. This one cost £40ish but you can get cheaper like the RamAir ones for £25. I contemplated the Pipercross C0171 filter (The ones that bolt onto the RS2 manifold) but opted for this one as i like the ITG brand and it looked like the ktec filter. Looking back now having had the Pipercross, don't waste your money. It sounds quiet and crap. Use this filter or the RamAir I currently have on my RB.

Breakdown of the kit at the time of purchase. Prices I believe have gone up. Slightly for the hoses.

Breather filter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300685158785?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

90 Degree bends x2: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310793012250?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=610218955014&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Ally joiner: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321660872627?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

ITG filter: http://www.camskill.co.uk/m35b51s3496p63333/_ITG_-_Maxogen_Air_Filter_-_JC60_67_

I had the jubilee clips at work so i didnt buy any of them. I think ive got some pipe also for the breather filter.

I also used masking tape to the end off one of the pipes as a guide and used a 4" angle grinder for a clean cut rather than a blade or saw. The throttle body end needs to be cut shorter and at slight angle for it all to fit.

@mintno1 Hope this helps.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I miss this car.

It tested my patience and it was quite a pretty penny I spent on it. Shame as all parts were pretty much new that I bought for it. Saying that, when I had the damage it was a write off value at £1350 I think and I made £4500 in breaking it.

But looking back on pics, it was a gutter to get rid. Volvo ended costing me nearly £1500 in 4 months, which would have been the cost of a full respray (have paint guys at work that would of done me a cash deal) and wheel refurbed and it would have been mint.

But no point crying over spilt milk. Volvo is now gone and I did come back, in a RB with a different outlook on it. I guess it's a bit bittersweet but every cloud and all that jazz.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Was a lovely car, bit gutted it scrapped my iceberg ph1 too tbh.. Still wish id been able to have your shell, turns out a rust free ph1 is very rare these days lol

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I got my bits from my local dealer. The discount is not as good as Adam's but I'm not on Facebook so this is easier for me until he comes back on here.

It's far from stunning guys. It's clean enough for a 14 year old car though :smile:

Got the splitter fitted tonight.

16255653376_95efd0b4b6_z.jpg
Front bumper before splitter fitting
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

16279801081_e6af146460_z.jpg
Front bumper before splitter fitting
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

15661719733_66138a79ef_z.jpg
Front bumper during splitter fitting
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

16280749822_0b0f25c851_z.jpg
Front bumper during splitter fitting
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

16094221820_b25f5a7775_z.jpg
Front bumper with splitter fitted
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

16094221770_d0dcfba6d4_z.jpg
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

16094055238_6c63f3198c_z.jpg
by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

It also hides a few of the bumpers battle scars! :blush:

@mintno1 Here's a few pics of the fabia splitter fitted.