ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DrR's Race Red Fiesta ST-3

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
After selling my Leon FR http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?715901-My-New-Leon-FR-150-TDI

I'm glad to be going back to a proper "Hot Hatch" Had it nearly a month and nearly put 3000 miles on it already! I'll let the pictures do the talking, let me know what you think!

14868918640_80b2b9037f_o.jpg

14868993118_fdde1b3578_o.jpg

15032578036_892c52e2df_o.jpg

14869028237_0608cef174_o.jpg

15032587376_60f96b9c99_o.jpg

15052539471_aa9477c9a5_o.jpg

Future plans, would love to put a splitter on it, and the montune remap, but not sure i'll keep it longer than a year, and German insurance companies are, well "nazis" lol, so Won't be getting anything until i'm back in the UK.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very nice!

You've got the earlier limit rev-counter (red before 6.5k). Makes no difference at all...but there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which one you get!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice! Love the colour. Solid red looks so good on a hot hatch.

I'd have preferred silver wheels personally but hey ho.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thanks, was a a bit dubious about getting the red, as it's the free colour, but think I love it, not many about either.

Over -ST-2 I think it gets, keyless entry, an upgraded hi-fi with sat-nav, cruise control, automatic headlights and rain sensing wipers.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks real nice in Red, you see too many in the blue and it's just common :)

What extra spec do you get being ST-3 ?

Keyless entry and start. Song head unit and upgraded audio. Sat nav. Heated half leather recaro's, auto lights and wipers, dimming rear view mirror, folding wing mirrors and cruise. These all come standard on the ST-3, only 'options' to spec really are style pack and parking sensors.

Keyless entry and start. Song head unit and upgraded audio. Sat nav. Heated half leather recaro's, auto lights and wipers, dimming rear view mirror, folding wing mirrors and cruise. These all come standard on the ST-3, only 'options' to spec really are style pack and parking sensors.

Ah ok nice!

So the ST-2 everyone has doesn't have auto lights + wipers, nor cruise control?!

Mental!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ah ok nice!

So the ST-2 everyone has doesn't have auto lights + wipers, nor cruise control?!

Mental!

I think they could spec them, but they're standard on the 3. Basically, if you want all the kit its cheaper to get a 3 than spec up a 2. But if you're not bothered and only want one or two, get a 2.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh anyone get annoyed the part behind the steering wheel is not level?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Can't say I've noticed the wheel thing not being level at all.

Being a true pedant, aside from the sat nav, the audio system is the same for ST2 and ST3...both of which are a Sony unit and of a higher spec than the non-Sony that's on the ST1.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Red is awesome! I tried to get red but G2L only had blue!

On a side note; anyone tried to remove a headlight bulb yet? Looks like a full headlight out job :(

Only 2 screws and a clip underneath though aren't they?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't say I've noticed the wheel thing not being level at all.

second picture down, so obvious!

On a side note; anyone tried to remove a headlight bulb yet? Looks like a full headlight out job :(

I've removed the actual light units, was really easy! 2 bolts+ 1 plastic screw thing.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

This isn't a 'ner ner' post, but I thought all* ST's came with Xenon's? Or that that an ST3 thing I didn't know about? :eek:

*Except ST1's

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd want xenon blue. You used them before? They actually good?