ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e91 335i. The Unicorn.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I wasnt going to post this anywhere (as im sure many people already think im boring/mad), but i thought there might be a few people that would be interested (y)

Car wise, its pretty rare to begin with, so a Space grey '58 plate LCI, 335i touring auto with the N54 engine. Options wise its got oyster leather (my fave, wanted this interior for years), CIC navigation, panoramic roof (that actually works), heated seats, folding mirrors and adaptive xenons with high beam assistant. It doesnt have a combox, front parking sensors or upgraded audio, but i will retrofit all of those at some point in the future i am sure. I've always wanted to have a go at an "Individual Audio" retrofit, so this will probably be the car i finally get to do it on.

And the pièce de résistance ... only 14k miles. One previous owner. 4 services/all MOT's/tyres done at the same BMW dealer since new.

Exterior (couple of minor dings to sort)
49126464343_d6d5e46455_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126958056_cee822e436_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126958066_7bcf2b9328_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49127143512_4cbe8b1f69_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Interior (like new)
49126464243_6c212f34f4_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126464283_6b967b4906_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49127143452_d62411025e_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126464253_8862337093_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126957901_2c211f0d5c_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126957991_66d06b13c2_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Mileage (ridiculous)
49126464178_6890844196_c.jpg
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49126464153_f9a6cf1f45_c.jpg
Photo 25-11-2019, 15 42 02
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

When i spotted it on Monday morning, i simply had to have it, irrespective of everything else i currently own, for my sad little brain this is the pinnacle ☺

Plan is simply to put it into storage for a few months over winter, then start using it in the Spring when BabySir_Dave arrives.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Oh man, he's back with another epic purchase. Well done that man. Shall we ask about price?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
imagine spec'ing that car from new, then hardly ever using it lol.

From my research on the V5 names, it seems it was bought/specced from new by the chap that wrote "Only Fools & Horses" and when he died in April 2011, it passed to his wife. My initial thoughts are that she kept it (purely because it was his i imagine) but barely used it - bar the occasional dog walk, judging by the hair in the boot/scuffs on the rear bumper. Price wise, for once i wont be sharing that, it was quote alot for an e9*, but possibly not what its worth to the right buyer. Goodness only knows what Hexagon or Munich Legends would retail it for :ROFLMAO:

From my research on the V5 names, it seems it was bought/specced from new by the chap that wrote "Only Fools & Horses" and when he died in April 2011, it passed to his wife. My initial thoughts are that she kept it (purely because it was his i imagine) but barely used it - bar the occasional dog walk, judging by the hair in the boot/scuffs on the rear bumper. Price wise, for once i wont be sharing that, it was quote alot for an e9*, but possibly not what its worth to the right buyer. Goodness only knows what Hexagon or Munich Legends would retail it for :ROFLMAO:
John Sullivan. That's nuts!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Dave, you are utterly mad, but fair play. Your love for the E9* is strong!

Mega spec though, with that engine in an estate in the colour and with the options and mileage etc. The celebrity connection is kinda cool too.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
this answers the question as to why the 135 was up for sale.

As for the first line in your op, sod what people think, all your threads make for interesting reading so keep it up (y)

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Dread to think how much it cost but it does look lovely.

I'm currently looking at pre lci 325/330/335d touring's to replace my V40 at some point next year.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Wow!! Did not see this coming dave!

congrats on the wee one. We got a 3 series for the exact same reason although the touring would’ve been better!

when’s collection day? I also didn’t realise they put in an oil temp gauge which is good. I take it that was an LCI thing?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I might be missing something but it looks like any other bm estate. 🤷‍♂️

If was an m car or alpina?
If you know, you know. It’s a very rare car.
LCI check
Touring check
335i check
Add to that the extremely low mileage and that’s a pretty special car imo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I like it, nice car.

Proper tunable if that’s your bag with subtle looks, what’s not to like.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
What a purchase. Not 100% on the interior colour but who cares I'd love with it lol. Your best purchase by far.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Very nice, as a former 330i e91 lci manual owner. I know how difficult it is to find.

I woulc have paid Strong money myself it was manual. And j am not even looking for a car!

Well played.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Very nice, as a former 330i e91 lci manual owner. I know how difficult it is to find.

I woulc have paid Strong money myself it was manual. And j am not even looking for a car!

Well played.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 330 LCI manual!

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 330 LCI manual!
They stopped building them in 2010. As every one must have bought 335i instead.

Mine was a 2010. So one of the last n.a. straight 6 they made. N53 engine could be troublesome though.

Space grey, pan roof, saddle brown leather, front park sensors, cornering headlights. Nice car.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Have you got the n52 or n53? Tricky game with bmw picking the right engine. Same with 335i.

Sorry gave up posting pics when photobucket went sour, had bmw 269 wheels and a bmw performance exhaust. Sold with exhaust but I had not broke that in. Kept thd wheels and sold later current owner on e90post. Replaced with e92 m3 after trying a couple if manual e91 335i's. Then replaced that with last of the meg rs. Cup-s fully loaded in ly.

Still got soft spot for nice touring. Love the lines. Think it was great package. Right size, weight and performance.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It’s an n53. Thankfully it’s had Bmw warranty from 2007-2019 lol. Got the most recent injectors and an impeccable service history

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I kept warranty on mine too for the 4 years I had it.

I did the same on my e92 M3. And it was 4 times more expensive. For what is actually a more reliable car.

M tax!