ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EvoFq3o0 - Another BG 182 :)

57d2b75ba07380423acf1db416745039.jpg

Quick picture and video from yesterday.

Just had to order two rainsport 3's for the front as the slightest of snow on the road proves too much for my waring ad08's.

Yup, Faster than my mates 360bhp 2012 sti too! before I was on mechanical boost Tom, so not sure the jump between your 280 and my now 320, but I'm guessing the torque plays a big part of it. Had 312lbft of torque and 322bhp but Chris dialled it back abit to rounded numbers to help the box.

Thought I'd give this a little update.

Cars been great, It's provided me with lots of smiles and viewings in my mirrors.

But...... now I need a new clutch 😂 300lbft and a heavy foot mean't less than two months on the organic. to be fair I didn't expect to get that sort of power after mapping and with a two week lead time I was like f**k it go organic and deal with it when it comes 🙈
well it's here!! Clutch is slipping in all gears :unamused:. so I'm making the trip up to clioturbo on the 23rd to get a paddle clutch, new front brakes and an oil & filter change.

Can't think of anything else I'd like to get done at the minute just excited to be able to feel all that boost :blush:

RB Clio 182
Ive just dropped mine off with Andy today for a new box fitting, a driveshaft and two new handbrake cables. My 2nd gear vanished into thin air lol, no worries tho boxes are only £100 or so, there was one for sale the other week for £40 lol.

Im still loving mine, i just wish i lived closer to clioturbo HQ haha.

Ive just dropped mine off with Andy today for a new box fitting, a driveshaft and two new handbrake cables. My 2nd gear vanished into thin air lol, no worries tho boxes are only £100 or so, there was one for sale the other week for £40 lol.

Im still loving mine, i just wish i lived closer to clioturbo HQ haha.

Haha Tom! 2nd gear pulls are addictive, sounds like you did quite a few 😂 what happened to your drive shaft?
There has to be a few strengthening mods to help prolong the life of the jc5 boxes, I need to do some research.

Think I'll need a box before next year:up:

Moro Blue Audi TT
So what is the cost of a turbo conversion then not got a 182 yet but love boost hopefully have a good example 182 this yearb

RB Clio 182
Haha Tom! 2nd gear pulls are addictive, sounds like you did quite a few 😂 what happened to your drive shaft?
There has to be a few strengthening mods to help prolong the life of the jc5 boxes, I need to do some research.

Think I'll need a box before next year:up:

The inner CV boot split mate and you cant really replace the inner ones as the new tie wrap/clip catches on the block as its so tight, the originals are built into the shaft so they the clip sits flush.

Yes I love 2nd gear but when i get my car back theres not going to be many more 1st/2nd gear launches lol.

So what is the cost of a turbo conversion then not got a 182 yet but love boost hopefully have a good example 182 this yearb
Well there's several options. the most popular is to go to Andy at clioturbo.co.uk , then there's a choice of 230bhp @ £2999, 280bhp @ £3999 and 320+bhp @ £4999 , these all include fitting and mapping.
you can source parts yourself and have seen kits available on here for sale or Andy can also provide DIY kits so you can fit yourself.

I bought a ktec kit and went somewhere local and it was the worst experience of my life. ended up going to Andy to fix all the problems caused.

Andy it the guy I'd go to everytime without a doubt.

The inner CV boot split mate and you cant really replace the inner ones as the new tie wrap/clip catches on the block as its so tight, the originals are built into the shaft so they the clip sits flush.

Yes I love 2nd gear but when i get my car back theres not going to be many more 1st/2nd gear launches lol.

Ah ok, thought you might of damaged it due to launching.
I've never done a 1st gear launch as it would just rip the box apart I feel, but second once going is epic and I shouldn't do it but cant help it.

Moro Blue Audi TT
Well there's several options. the most popular is to go to Andy at clioturbo.co.uk , then there's a choice of 230bhp @ £2999, 280bhp @ £3999 and 320+bhp @ £4999 , these all include fitting and mapping.
you can source parts yourself and have seen kits available on here for sale or Andy can also provide DIY kits so you can fit yourself.

I bought a ktec kit and went somewhere local and it was the worst experience of my life. ended up going to Andy to fix all the problems caused.

Wicked sounds good thanks got to purchase a 182 now lol

Moro Blue Audi TT

Wicked sounds good thanks got to purchase a 182 now lol

RB Clio 182
Mmm, a few of these clios blowing up atm :(

When mines been repaired its going, money pit!

What pistons are those mate?

Mmm, a few of these clios blowing up atm :(

When mines been repaired its going, money pit!

What pistons are those mate?

Yeh appears that way [emoji17] not good really.

I booked two days off work, Day 1 to get it through MOT and 2 to give it a polish and put it up for sale, guess it didn't want to go as it went on the way for MOT.

They were PEC Pistons, have got wossner ones now. Still not 100% on what caused it.