ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evolution SXR?

ClioSport 172 Cup
Ordered some Excellium 5w40, got very annoyed after waiting days to find out Renault had ordered me Evolution SXR by mistake which according to the Elf website is for diesel engines. I`m just hoping Renault will change it because its cost £60!, haven`t opened it yet. But the guy seemed like a right dope, he thought Evolution and Excellium was the same stuff. When he said that i assumed he meant that Evolution was a replacement for the Excellium name or something. :/
So now i`m stuck with a £60 container of Diesel oil! if Renault wont change it.. :(

Sam

ClioSport 172 Cup
yeh for 5L. Are you sure its the same oil because on the Elf website they list Evolution oils and Excellium oils in two different sections.

i think i was dealer advised..

i've used it for a couple of changes now and it's fine; i think the label does say something along the lines of it having been formulated for common rail diesel engines, but that it's specified for both petrol and diesel

ClioSport 172 Cup
Hey, i`ve been reading up on it more and it does actually say for gasoline and diesel engines. So i guess its ok. I`m wondering whether my dealer actually chose it specifically for me as a recommendation, because i did ask for excellium but i got this instead. Reading on the Elf site it says the oil is suitable for Renault RN0700 and RN0710. Even more interesting the Excellium Full stuff also says suitable for RN0700, so are they both the same oil with just different containers? lol...its all very confusing.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh i think it was expensive because the guy actually charged me for 5 individual litres according to the invoice, and we know a true 5 litre container is usually cheaper than 5 individual 1 litre containers. lol. Sneaky. He did have to specially order it in for me though because he said usually they only sell it in bulk. When i do my next oil change i`ll have to come to you Mike!:approve:

Samuel