ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Level 13, 13 hours in (9 of those hours today). Loving it so far. Graphics aren't amazing, but the stories are. It does look pretty compared to the Capitol Wasteland.
2015-11-10_00007.jpg
2015-11-10_00013.jpg
2015-11-10_00020.jpg
2015-11-12_00006.jpg
2015-11-14_00003.jpg
2015-11-14_00009.jpg
2015-11-14_00018.jpg
2015-11-14_00020.jpg

DCi
I'm just about to go into diamond city (well tomorrow)

I am surprised you can walk across the map relatively quickly on this one... Thought it was gonna be bigger

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Im level 24. Dont know why you're bothering with more than 1 set of power armour. I wear mine constantly and never run out of power cores. Just repair it when it needs it.

Cayman S Edition 1
Different power suits provide various benefits. I highly recommend buying the dwellers guide as it explains so much about the game.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Level 6 now but a lot of hours just building the base lol. Went to diamond city just for a wonder, I've also not worn the power suit since when I found it, so much I need to learn still.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Built myself a 2 storey building tonight, struggling to understand the electrics and wiring bulbs etc, but im sure i'll get there

A shiny black one.
Where have you guys built your shelters? I've just got to diamond city but not built anything yet.
Sanctuary and red rocket truck stop are the first locations you can build on. Basically anywhere that has the required workbench.

Cayman S Edition 1
Coolio. Did I see you can scrap buildings and cars too?
Trees, tires, fences, furniture, plates etc. All the resources you scrap will stay in the "workshop" so you don't have to carry them around.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up some hairclips off the floor last night and thought 'lock-picking'.

Maybe time for a break.

7 hours played - maybe one mission completed? Went to clear out the Raiders at Corvega Assembly Plant - got raped. Multiple times. Keep getting raped a lot. Had some Power Armour. NO idea if fusion core thing is full or empty. Don't have any more or know where to find them.

Dont think I'm scavenging enough. Just realised my base in Sanctuary is well s**t. Any way to completely level it? Scrap standing buildings etc?

So, I was just speaking to my mate about FO4, and it seems I annoyingly missed something so blazingly obvious.

When you level up, I thought you had to max all of the 10 points for each of the types (Luck etc), before you can move down - turns out that is just based on level? I have absolutely all of my Perks in the top tier tree so far. Fucksake. Anyone know if you can modify your save on PC to re-allocate points?

A shiny black one.
So, I was just speaking to my mate about FO4, and it seems I annoyingly missed something so blazingly obvious.

When you level up, I thought you had to max all of the 10 points for each of the types (Luck etc), before you can move down - turns out that is just based on level? I have absolutely all of my Perks in the top tier tree so far. Fucksake. Anyone know if you can modify your save on PC to re-allocate points?
There are console commands to add but I'm not sure you can take away.

Cayman S Edition 1
I picked up some hairclips off the floor last night and thought 'lock-picking'.

Maybe time for a break.

7 hours played - maybe one mission completed? Went to clear out the Raiders at Corvega Assembly Plant - got raped. Multiple times. Keep getting raped a lot. Had some Power Armour. NO idea if fusion core thing is full or empty. Don't have any more or know where to find them.

Dont think I'm scavenging enough. Just realised my base in Sanctuary is well s**t. Any way to completely level it? Scrap standing buildings etc?
Spend more time scavenging for stuff mate. You'll find more fusion cores, weapons and armour etc as well.

RE Sanctuary, you can't scrap everything, but enough to give you plenty of resources.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Spend more time scavenging for stuff mate. You'll find more fusion cores, weapons and armour etc as well.

RE Sanctuary, you can't scrap everything, but enough to give you plenty of resources.
Ah cool - was just hoping to get some level ground.

I am really enjoying this game. Learning curve is steeeeeeeeeeep. Bought survival guide - gives me something to read while the missus watches her shite on TV.

Really annoyed I can't have the dog as a companion because Bruno (IRL non combative hound) barks constantly at him. Codsworth it is......

Clio Trophy
I did pretty much the same thing with spending my points, I Will start again at some point, games like this are always a good learning curve

Cayman S Edition 1
There's another useful feature that when you're trying to upgrade weapons and don't have all the right components, you can flag the missing ones as "search", so when you're out scavenging, those items will have a magnifying glass next to them when you go to pick them up. Very handy!!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Here's 2 of my tips - build a bell in your base. Ring it - all settlers come to you. Handy for delegating tasks.

If you mod a weapon back to 'standard' you can reuse the mods on other weapons :)

Clio Trophy
does any one know, how to work out which settlers you have given jobs too? and which ones have not?

Clio 1.2 16v
Here's 2 of my tips - build a bell in your base. Ring it - all settlers come to you. Handy for delegating tasks.

If you mod a weapon back to 'standard' you can reuse the mods on other weapons :)
I tried this to get dogmeat back but he wouldn't come to me, found him eventually sleeping in a doghouse in a random garden in Sanctuary, If anyone else loses him scrap all the other dog houses and build one that you as if there's multiple he can hide in any

A shiny black one.
Even if I leave dogmeat in sanctuary he spawns up everywhere I fast travel to, or if I get in a lift. He's like my real dog, always wants to be with me.

Clio 1.2 16v
I think its because I binned him off for the girl he hates me, the relentless punching and molotovs probably didn't help either (I wanted to see what happened) haha

Megane 250
How do you scrap things and build buildings? All I've managed to do so far is build a couple of beds, what am I missing?