ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO nick read.......

hey nick, the piper cams your using in ur clio 16v, wer they reground cams or produced from blanks? they are the 276degree jobbies arnt they? wats the max power produced at now-passed 7k revs? cheers

jimbo

BMW 320d Sport

The ones I did have which were part of the Stage 2 Hill Power head were Piper 270s. They are actually a lesser duration, around 255-260 I think, but thats the piper name for the mild fast road cams. The next ones up are the 285s which actually have a duration of around 276 I think, what they call the road/rally cams, a bit more lairy. The 270s are quoted at 12bhp, the 285s at 18bhp by Piper in their catalogue. Only the 270s can be reprofiled. 285 and up need to be cut from billet cos of the higher lifts needed.

BMW 320d Sport

BTW my research leads me to believe that you really want to go for throttle bodies to extract the most benefit from the 285s. 270 are a nice fast road cam, not huge power but not too lumpy under normal driving either, power band stays roughly the same, there;s just more there when you put your foot down.