ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FF Inferno 182

Hey,

Been wanting rid of my Seat Leon for some time now but couldn't resist getting myself a 182 after Jim (leeds_182) let me take his 172 cup for a drive the other night.

Been wanting a 182 purely for the twin exhaust and wanting climate etc, seems that inferno isn't a colour that you come across daily on Clio's.

After Jim took me for a spin and was dropping me back off at home literally at the end of the street where my girlfriend lives was an Inferno up for sale! It had to be fate!

Anyway after knocking £400 off the asking price I should be picking this up sometime during the week

IMG_3256_zps13f19a48.jpg

It is completely standard apart from a Scorpion SRN019 cat-back with decat, sounds lovely and luckily the bloke has decided to keep the original cat too!

Plans are to have the cambelt and dephaser replaced as it is on the noisy side and for peace of mind that the belts have been done by someone reputable. Apart from that just enjoy it and tweak when necessary!

Thanks for looking!

Re: First 182 - Inferno with Cup Suspension

Well I picked the car up and stuck £50 of tesco's finest 99 and been out for a drive in it tonight.

Absolutely love the car and can see me having this for a while compared to all my previous cars.

Anyway here are some photos I took of the car tonight...

null_zps0437ca91.jpg

null_zps31fa0ccd.jpg

null_zps3d9b1e39.jpg

null_zpse68b9af9.jpg

I had bought a shortened aerial about 12months ago for my Leon but it killed the radio reception and coincidentally works fine on the Clio :)

null_zps24034761.jpg

​Got the tail pipes on the scorpion cleaned up this morning, can't stand having a dirty exhaust!

null_zps99a21173.jpg

null_zps3f47165a.jpg

Nice clear difference :)

null_zps7136f299.jpg

And clean exhaust :)

null_zps32562e34.jpg

LY 200

Exhaust looks much better! I'm getting my AB 182 on Friday, and the exhaust looks in a similar state. What did you use to clean her up? Anything specific or just good 'ol elbow grease?

Just used autosol and plenty of elbow grease. Best way I found was put some on a rag and dab it on the exhaust, softens it up a bit if you give it a couple of minutes.

Talking about exhaust, keeps blowing on the decat to centre section joint and it just sounds so crap :(

LY 200

Brilliant thanks!

As for the blowing, check the joint - could just be it needs clamping properly or re-sealing. Fingers crossed.

I took it to kwik fit and they put a new clamp on it and some fresh paste to seal it but they said the scorpion has a shallow flange thus not making a great seal but now it sounds like it has a 6" backbox lol

LY 200

Not exactly desirable haha! Maybe getting a new sleeve then to get a flush fit, coupled with the clamp and sealing paste? No clue how much that would set you back though!

It has the cat flange style fitting on both the decat and centre section. Ill just see if kwik fit can give it another go and will ask nicely if they can fit my cat back on.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Id just stick the cat on mate. Im sure the 182 cat is not as restrictive as the 172 one (but I might be wrong).

Well turns out the centre section has slipped out of the decat pipe thus causing noise. Looks like I'm having some fun tomorrow under the car!

Got a few things on the way for the car, I have a polybushed dog bone mount and some powerflex exhaust mounts coming hopefully either today or tomorrow, an Alpine IDA-X001 headunit and next saturday the car is booked in at exhausts uk for a new centre section to quieten the noisey Scorpion system down a bit!

Well out of all the things I've bought this week including a 3/4 front plate, the only thing that has turned up was my eBay bargain

null_zps0f5cf70b.jpg

I need to buy a genuine cage, at the moment it's in an autoleads cage with a few of the tabs holding it steady.

But for £46 I can't complain lol

Loads of goodies came this morning

null_zpsd71b63c2.jpg

Polybushed dog bone mount, 2 polybush exhaust mounts and an LED numberplate bulb

As usual when I do work on my car I try to take photos but end up forgetting lol

I managed to solve my noisy wiper problem which cropped up when it started raining on Thursday. I thought it was a knackered motor or seized linkage.

null_zps57eaf6b3.jpg

Turned out to be that the motor is meant to sit on the stud, when the wipers were turned on the motor would move slightly and rub on the stud.

Got the dog bone mount fitted too which has improved throttle response without adding too much vibration which they are known for doing

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Looks like a nice example, whats mileage, service history and cost if you don't mind me asking..

Mileage is on 86k, full service history but dephaser needs replacing and I paid £1900 for it. Needs a few things doing but nothing out of the ordinary it seems, exhaust mounts etc

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

Mileage is on 86k, full service history but dephaser needs replacing and I paid £1900 for it. Needs a few things doing but nothing out of the ordinary it seems, exhaust mounts etc

Looks a nice example for that money especially.. Ive seen a few but all closer to 3k.. Great Colour

I nearly went to view one in south yorkshire for £3300 but it had been stood for 2 years which put me off a bit, plus it was a cup and I wanted xenons etc.

Think it will be a keeper this though, as long as I don't get stuck in traffic jams and average 25mpg lol

Inferno 182FF

Nice colour mate ;)!! Glad your enjoying it, best car ive bought so far! Unfortunately they do seem to have the habit of making you want more and you buy lots of little extra bits ha ha!! mine started with a 3/4 number plate as well funnily enough and its just snowballed since ha ha!

Thanks mate, have you a project thread for yours?

I've also got a 3/4 plate coming, just need to get the V5 through the post so I can get my private plate put on the Clio.

Inferno 182FF

Nah I always forget to take photos lol. Got loads from when I first got it, might take some now at half way point then some when I'm finished! You dont need your V5 if you order them online mate, I didn't!

Inferno 182FF

Ha ha yeah I will do, I'm off for 2 weeks in a couple of weeks and doing loads of work to it then so I'll try arrange something!