ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

I've pressed plates on mine, they're not overly goudy or anything, so i've not had any problems with the local constabulary. Granted, they're all too busy dealing with riots and other civil dissidence :D

Haha that's a first! Coppers round here love pulling,people over...

Are your plates reflective?

Reflective enough! they look very yellow, but under light they do shine. They're perfectly clear and in the right font. I ran them past my dad (ex-copper) and he said they didn't jump out as overly eye-catching to the police. There are many more plates that have illegal fonts or letter styling, so i should be alright. Be interesting to see if they pass MOT...

Yeah I know what you mean, need someone who works for a garage or something who can give you the yey/ney before you book it in

Little update, one shiny muthafucka:

HRr3Ygd.jpg

Treated him to a nice wash after racking up some wet motorway miles. even broke the tyre shine out :cool:

Then this little beauty arrived in the post! Wont be long till its shipped off to snappy for a nice re-trim, gonna look shaweet!!

4RdoPuc.jpg

And thats all for now really :) now, back to GTA....

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Where did you get the steering wheel from mate? :) & oh days, how GTA has changed my life and made my lass hate me. haha

Midge on here was selling one so i snapped it up :)

Yeah for sure, one of the best games i've played all year! got lucky though cuz the misses left for uni on the monday, picked the game up monday night ;)

£140 in total. £120 for the wheel, £20 postage & £45 wheel exchange. He refunds the £45 once you send him your old wheel :)

Currently 4 weeks till he can start mine though :(

Renault Clio DCI 100
Cheers pal!

The lenso's are 15" bud :)

No worries im thinking of going down the same route but wasn't sure how the 15's would look but yours looks spot on. Mates told me to go for 16"s but its more money on tyres ovb :(

Anyway whats the next plans for it?

Yeah was thinking 16" but prefered the 15"

Ermmmmm, not sure tbf. Im in the process of getting a retrimmed steering wheel but nothing apart from that :p

Renault Clio DCI 100
Yeah was thinking 16" but prefered the 15"

Ermmmmm, not sure tbf. Im in the process of getting a retrimmed steering wheel but nothing apart from that :p

Cool stuff steering wheel will look good man! Yeah i think i've made my mind up on the 15"s now haha

Cool stuff steering wheel will look good man! Yeah i think i've made my mind up on the 15"s now haha

Yeah cant wait :D sweeeet! when you gettin em? ;)

I wish I had your reserves of money man! Car is looking amazing as always!

Haha 'reserves of money', i wish! I guess im lucky that ive got a decent job behind me that pays well, im still fairly skint :rasp: Cheers though man! nearly on par with yours now ;) taking it to MCM meet this saturday so its gonna get a full wash and shine on friday. cant wait! first ever meet haha

Been having some issues with condensation so I've got a new pollen filter on order, hoping it will sort it out!

Also, will be adding in a second bootlight soon as the i'm finding one just isn't enough for the amount of s**t in my boot.... damn winter nights :p

I dunno, i just know theres a blank bit of plastic mirrored onto the otherside where it will go, not sure if theres wiring there. but its only 2 cables anyway so easy job

Clio mk3
Yeah man for sure! love MK3's lowered, look proper agressive with spacers :)

that what i want to do,lower get spacers. but being my first car and being 17 with no job im going to find it hard to fund. But thats if the insurance company dont raise my insurance a ridiculous amount!

that what i want to do,lower get spacers. but being my first car and being 17 with no job im going to find it hard to fund. But thats if the insurance company dont raise my insurance a ridiculous amount!

Yeah its alot harder for younger drivers to do anything to their cars, hopefully youll get a job soon & insurance wont be too strict :)