ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First things to do on Clio 197

What do you recommend me to do first on my new Clio 197?
I was thinking about putting BMC - CARBON DYNAMIC AIRBOX (CDASP-19) or a K&N APOLLO COLD AIR INDUCTION KIT 57A-6032, and after that a complete exhaust set? What do you recommend next (of course, without affecting my guarantee)?

P.S. What wheels can I put on it (the 7,5x17 5x108 is a tricky dimension)?

Lionel Richie
we have the new speedline 18inch wheel in stock for them,i'll dig you our a pic

exhaust needs changing

Enjoy the car and find what you want to do to it.

Wheels are the Megan wheels (as well as used on other things) so there a bit of choice out there.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^Yep. Also don't bother with an appollo. Very small entry, too narrow. Wont do the engine any favours. I'd wait for the Maxogen if it was me

^Yep. Also don't bother with an appollo. Very small entry, too narrow. Wont do the engine any favours. I'd wait for the Maxogen if it was me

I have sent ITG an email, bit do you know when will they release Maxogen? I have seen the prices on Maxogen - it costs 2 times more:S ...Is it 2 times better than Apollo?

Lower it imo, sits too high. H&R springs...

I have seen some people with Öhlins shocks (does anyone have a catalogue number) - what do you think about that (I have them on my motorcycle and they do they job great)?

Do you have a catalogue number for the H&R springs (I was thinking about Bilstein in the combination with Koni)?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
apollo is w**k generic stuff. Serously, some guy had one on his 182 and ebayed it a week later. They are poor

cup 182 mit stripes
Hi Raptor! You speak good English, but do not have good sense when buying motorcar. I say it take more than new exhaust and induction kit to make lardy arsed 197 exciting or fast.

Hi Raptor! You speak good English, but do not have good sense when buying motorcar. I say it take more than new exhaust and induction kit to make lardy arsed 197 exciting or fast.

:)
I haven't bought it - yet...:cool:

So what do you say:
1. ITG MAXOGEN
2. New exhaust (I have an expert on that)...
3. Iridium spark plugs (I have been searching for them but I can't find them - I don't know which sparks are in the 197 now, so I can't compare)
4. ...

At first I'll have around 600-800£. I think that will be enough for the first couple of investments...

cup 182 mit stripes
Thank God for that, Raptor. I am not too late. All I can say to you, most sincerely. Dont buy it mate.

Thank God for that, Raptor. I am not too late. All I can say to you, most sincerely. Dont buy it mate.

Bit harst isn't it? Each to there own and stuff. There a lot of happy 172/182 converted owners who have lived with the car and love them. (rarther than people who have driven a demo for a few miles)

VaVa
Well I'm basing mine on a test drive. lol.

Yes it's not mind blowing in a straight line for a near 200bhp car.... but apart from that I couldn't really fault it. If I had the money the 172 would be chopped in in a heartbeat.

I guess we all look for different things when choosing a car......

If I were modding a 197 I wouldn't bother with anything other than an exhaust and a remap to beef up the midrange a bit.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Steer clear of the k+n apollos . I had one on my 182 , it choked the engine so i ebayed it . That was after the engine stopped and the AA had to tow me home .

cup 182 mit stripes
As I know, when speaking in a foreign language, the true
meaning of what you are trying to say can be misunderstood.

Raptor, Dont wave a finger at us, For all we know, you could be a re-habilitated war criminal from the not yet forgotten conflict in your part of the world.

TVR Cerbera
I've driven a 197 and it was alright, bit like a golf GTI. not the same feedback as my 172 cup, but the new cup may be different..................

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Raptor, Dont wave a finger at us, For all we know, you could be a re-habilitated war criminal from the not yet forgotten conflict in your part of the world.

WTF?

Croat haben bis zum Ende hart gekampft. Waffen- SS lol ?

Why do you speak in german now? I don't understand what did you want to say with the last 2 posts - what does the war have to do anything with clio sport?
I didn't point my finger at anyone...why should I?
You have your point of view and I have mine.

cup 182 mit stripes
LOL Raptor, lets be friends. I'm just being silly, like usual.

My point is,DONT BUY A 197!!

Did I see you over on Feldgrau? lol

Dont listen to the haters Raptor6767.
Lower it, exhaust, and you will have a sweet ride. (order factory recaros if you can aswell):cool:

Black 197
J a Jack seems to be the kind of bloke thats taken out a 10year loan on his car and is now stuck with it. By the way .....it looks like a 1.2 "mit stripes"
Just my opinion though, clearly not out to offend, just like you arent.

Tangoed Works
J a Jack seems to be the kind of bloke thats taken out a 10year loan on his car and is now stuck with it. By the way .....it looks like a 1.2 "mit stripes"

Purchased a dud one as well going by the previous posts. Lots of engine mods and a negligible power gain. oh well some people just get all the luck, lol.

Not sure why you need to keep commenting on a 197 thread if you feel so strongly against them, seems abit weird. Have we a closet 197 lover?

Why not concentrate on 182 threads if thats your tipple

cup 182 mit stripes

Purchased a dud one as well going by the previous posts. Lots of engine mods and a negligible power gain. oh well some people just get all the luck, lol.[/quote

LOL. It's a 182, honest, and no dud. Bought new[cash] and run in proper.
Runs lovely and I'm very happy with it. ORACLE SAY THIS! 'basic Cliosport forum approved mods not give cost effective power gains' So take heed you unwary and do'nt let me see you asking what re-map, ik, you should get.

However, if you go 'Wild Side' like Jon and some others, you will experience the thrills of blowing off Evos and Scoobs. Takes a lot of cash to get to that Narvana plateau. lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Croat haben bis zum Ende hart gekampft. Waffen- SS lol ?
Upsetting these kids again Jimmy? LOL

Where does the German connection come in? Do you originate from there or have you spent time over there? Just curious.

Clio 197
I think i need to start saving for some of that stuff, next year and the modyfying starts on my beast, wheels coilovers, side skirts, splitters, air filters, exhausts and a remap. lol.
You gotta love it.

cup 182 mit stripes
Mum is German and had many happy holidays in Germany as child.
Not so good experiences when worked there in 70's.