ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer #2! Happy Face :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
After looking at about 5 flamers up & down the country & endless phone/txt conversations, I finally found one! I initially dismissed it straight away as the mileage scared me :dapprove: But, I went to look at it & ended up taking her home. :approve: Filled her up with some juice, gave the bf my keys to the diesel & took the flamer! M25 in lashing rain & she drove superbly, never felt more planted/secure before tbh!

Few niggles to sort!

Speedo intermittent which is effecting the trip computer & mileage count :eek: 114,238 I think!
Rear number plate bulb u/s

Mot advisories -

Alternator bolt poor condition
Rear discs corroded
Slight corrosion in places underneath

Plans -

Service inc spark plugs & sort the above
Full detail!
Seats heavily bobbled
Toyo Pro Race 3's in white! (anyone wants swaps?) ;)
De dent

Couple of pictures for you :D

IMAG4390_zps48f85632.jpg

IMAG4395_zpse0a549a4.jpg

IMAG4393_zps31257a4f.jpg

IMAG4396_zps1da90d5d.jpg

IMAG4397_zpsefafd58e.jpg

IMAG4399_zpseb567c9a.jpg

Comments, suggestions welcome.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You've gone to all that trouble and want to throw white wheels on a flamer??

Do not like that idea!

Cup, Lude & Z
The Red/White looks ok but for me Flamers look mint on standard silver wheels.

Looks a clean example ;)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks clean, love the steering wheel... I personally don't like the white wheels on Flamer's... silver only IMO

Cup Spoiler needs to be added to your list ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Is, but this one just ticked all the boxes. Just had a good feeling about it.

Vectra SRi
Looks clean considering the mileage, I love Flamers personally I wouldn't go with White but everyone has different taste.

Has the belts been done?

Renault Master
Looks in brilliant condition tbh. I say go with your gut instinct, I was in a similar position viewed alot then finally got one that ticked fewer boxes than I would expect. But still very happy with it. What wheels you thinking for it? Is it on springs or collies?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
want a flame red cup spoiler for that? £100 plus postage?

Deffo!

Looks in brilliant condition tbh. I say go with your gut instinct, I was in a similar position viewed alot then finally got one that ticked fewer boxes than I would expect. But still very happy with it. What wheels you thinking for it? Is it on springs or collies?

Pro race 3's or prima/Williams wheels in white. She's on fk coilovers :)

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS

I will get some pics of it tomorrow if you like. car has been parked up SORN for 3 months so will be a bit dirty but is mint condition as far as I can remember. Also have a Ktec silenced stealth, nearly new cat and full cruise control setup that I maybe selling if interested

M2 Comp
Lovely car. The mileage wouldn't put me off one bit, clearly it has been looked after so should be good for plenty more miles yet!

Have to say a set of Turini's in a really bright silver would look great. I know it's not the most original choice, but there's a reason everyone has them...

Clio 172 Flamer
Saw this ad the other day! Looks lovely, I think you can pass the white off on the flamer but I don't think I could keep them clean enough :p

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Few little jobs done to her on my days off.

Got her on the ramp to see what the fuss was with the underside corrosion, only two small patches of rust so I'm relieved but plan on getting it sorted next week. :)

Changed the rear number plate housing, million times better!

Today I went off to Asda to get me a de bobbler!

IMAG4525_zps70359fca.jpg
u

Then set to work.

IMAG4527_zps01a09d84.jpg

IMAG4528_zps69daef69.jpg

IMAG4529_zpsfef24bd4.jpg

Before

IMAG4530_zps21b04100.jpg

After

IMAG4531_zps7af6e667.jpg

Quite pleased for £6!

The seats were then cleaned with Valet pro & microfiber dried. Cba to wet vac so only did it lightly :p

Rest of the mats/carpets were steam cleaned etc & let the Autosmart Aromatek do it's thing for 2 hours. (My rep very kindly lent it to me) Great machine, smells uber clean now! :D

IMAG4534_zps52b3226e.jpg

IMAG4533_zps88920b9f.jpg

IMAG4535_zps0e4fc491.jpg

IMAG4537_zpsb7f2954c.jpg

IMAG4538_zpseb319e3b.jpg

IMAG4539_zpsdf0b2f8f.jpg

Back to my house (1 minute drive!) To give her a clean, these flippin wheels were only cleaned on Saturday!! :eek:

IMAG4541_zps26edc799.jpg

Btbm wash & Hydro 2. Mmmmm

IMAG4548_zps8e38f134.jpg

IMAG4551_zps67fe28de.jpg

IMAG4553_zps243b11a8.jpg

IMAG4559_zpsaf3892c1.jpg

IMAG4571_zps9fd24e3b.jpg

IMAG4575_zps22cd2491.jpg

Home :)

IMAG4578_zpsb04d6086.jpg

Lovin it!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Purifies the air, takes bad odours & makes it all better!

I made the mistake of leaving iron x in the boot over night :(

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
It's worth it for the money, doesn't get as close to the bolsters as I'd hoped but it deffo improves the seats :)

Purifies the air, takes bad odours & makes it all better!

I made the mistake of leaving iron x in the boot over night :(
Cheers Dawn, never seen one of those before.

It's looking nice, anthratice wheels (those ones) will look class on it!!

I might de bobble my drivers seat. The thing is though, it'll only end up like it again :( it might take a while though.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Cheers Dawn, never seen one of those before.

It's looking nice, anthratice wheels (those ones) will look class on it!!

I might de bobble my drivers seat. The thing is though, it'll only end up like it again :( it might take a while though.

Give it a bash, at that money It's worth it. :)

I'd never seen one of these machines until yesterday. One of our Mito's (sales car) smells horrendous inside as it was owned by a smoker. My rep let me borrow his machine, cleaned it all out before with Bio Brisk & whacked this on for 2 hours after, million times nice inside now.

You can rent them for the day at £30 off a rep :)

Yeah I think I've got one of those de bobblers somewhere. I shall give it a bash.

I hate the smell of smoke. That rental price isn't bad at all. No one's smoked in the vee, god no!!