ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Racing Puma #160/500 (Déjà vu)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dazza! Love the graph, you have too much spare time! :eek:

A ANIMAL
Re: FRP #160/500

Graph back on track..... ;)

Winstatus_zpsee22aa88.jpg

​D.

​LOL - well played

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Some people really do need to get girlfriends.

Enjoy it Kev, you'll no doubt get as much satisfaction from making it as immaculate as your old one, as you will driving it! :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Liking this young Kevin, will be watching! I drove a standard puma the other day, and I really liked! :) would love a drive in a frp.

Suzuki Jimny
There's one of these near to where I work. Rust on every panel, never been washed and all the wheels are curbed. Looks a state!

M2 Comp
Would love one of these!

I've only ever saw one in person, it was in my works car park and I hadn't heard of them before, but I liked it that much I took a picture on my phone :eek:

Looking forward to seeing how mint you get it gally..

172 Cup
I've always liked the FRP - lovely car :)

Any plans for rust proofing? I've had two Fiestas in the past so know about the perils of Ford bodywork!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not the most flattering picture but just picked it up. Exhaust now perfect how it should be!

Rear spacers add some nice extra stability and grip front and back for such little extra width. Looks much better now too.

Few bushes and mounts fitted to tighten things up while he was there.

hynu4avu.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yes! A proper car. Get a Duratec in there, 2.3 would be nice with Cosworth cams and a D power inlet for daily use.

And FRP > ITR, no question about it. VTEC...yawn.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great! Ive never seen one of these in person.

Any plans to lower it at all? I'd imagine it would have some proper road presence if it was a bit lower!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont mean low as in, scraping or the likes, i just mean a slight drop.

Like i say, ive never seen one in person so it may look alright at the standard height

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Keep seeing an FRP recently with the reg T20 FRP. It needs a bloody clean though, looks like it's been driven through a field.

This is It looking a little cleaner a week ago.

e3ara4am.jpg

hybe3y5a.jpg

jetuzyqy.jpg

2y6e6u9a.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Rhys I have never seen that car before. I think the owner would avoid the owners forum tbf! :eek:

Oh and the F2 spoiler can work on some cars. Also helps back weight as the puma has zero weight over the rears wheels which can be interesting.

Most run with a spare in the boot.

Another modified one getting major engine work...

5e6yrubu.jpg

redavege.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not at the moment Tom no. Few reasons for that but running costs come into it a lot. Tax, insurance etc.

I fancied a little project that won't cost the earth but one i'd really want to do.

We'll see where it goes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It actually has film on the 1/4s. £150 it was last year.

It's shaped fantastic aswell so unlike my last car i'd keep it on this one. I won't put foil anywhere else on the car. Completely ruins the look of the car imo. Nothing worse than detailing a car covered in orange peel looking foil.

You're only keeping it tidy for the next owner anyway.

Here's an example...

epumugab.jpg

Titanium 182
I see what you mean. Is FRP owners club similar to the trophy owners, if you change anything on the car you'll be hunted down and killed if its not OE, Sir Dave will know what am on about lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. I've seen that. Erm no they aren't too bad. I'm a pretty oem+ guy so it just depends how far you go.

For eg my rear hub/axle spacers are actually the same size as the first 20 Frp press cars had. 30mm each side. As you can imagine looked great in the press shots. They made the other 480 with 20mm spacers.

It helps that there isn't a great deal of scope for modding where as the T for example can have 182 bits bolted on all day long.

Few bits. Ignore the spacers they are on now.

1/4 badges and Centre caps. Love those fresh centre caps. Also a screw cover.

azu2anu4.jpg

u2amu7e2.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What's the screw cover for? Also did Poooomasss come with the fuel cut off cover? It's a must needed thin for the anal car enthusiast.

I had the FRP axle spacers on my fiesta for all of about 3 miles, car was too low so had MAJOR scrubbing issues. It did look seriously win though. Can't imagine how much better 30mm look.

Put in spoilers as to not ruin the thread.
No spacer
522905_10151474742805602_123437833_n.jpg

Spacer
485770_10151474744240602_329669870_n.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's the screw cover for? Also did Poooomasss come with the fuel cut off cover? It's a must needed thin for the anal car enthusiast.

I had the FRP axle spacers on my fiesta for all of about 3 miles, car was too low so had MAJOR scrubbing issues. It did look seriously win though. Can't imagine how much better 30mm look.

Lols! Wide! No wonder it was scrubbing!

Fuel cut off cover? Tell me more? Isn't the cut off in the floorwell/A post? Pass side?

Screw cover is just a door card one mate. Had bloody 3 different trim colours to choose from! Fun times!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
2 little shots.

Looking forward to getting my centre caps on! Starting to annoy me!

epe2abug.jpg

heby9aby.jpg