ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

im only on level 12 lol.

U guys must batter this like no tomorrow!!! At the moment i have a lotus exige running a 3.2 turbo converasion. 565hp 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and handles like a dream.

Titanium 182
My E36 arse end hangs out constantly haha, can't give more than half throttle whilst turning or it's out !

over 600bhp :dead: If you turn the driving aids on though it feels crap.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
after playing it on Friday at my mates and being a big Forza 2 fan... I hate to say I'm not really convinced I want to spend money on it :S

It's a grower. How long did you spend on it? I was initially worried when I played the demo but after spending a bit more time on it I'm happy. I'm guessing you're talking about the sensation of a lower COG and more grip that's putting you off?

306 GTI-6
Its also a lot easier than Forza2 imo. Think it has been done like this as they are making a big deal of wanting it to be playable for everyone from beginners/children to experienced/expert gamers.

Been playing around with the painting function too, which is a massive feature of the game, but why do white wheels not look white?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If I'm honest I'm not bowled over with it, I see it more as a continuation of Forza 2, nothing strikes me as a massive improvement. More cars, more tracks and an interior view, slightly better graphics, that's it really.

Still loving it though.

A4 Avant
I'm loving it, finally got hooked after about 10 hours of play. Must admit I prefer the C and D class races, any mistakes are punished and you can't simply power your way out of them.

My biggest gripe is I think it's now to easy to slide a car. In FM2 a car setup for racing was quite difficult to slide and catch it, now they happen easily and I can apply lock and keep the back out.

Its also a lot easier than Forza2 imo. Think it has been done like this as they are making a big deal of wanting it to be playable for everyone from beginners/children to experienced/expert gamers.

Been playing around with the painting function too, which is a massive feature of the game, but why do white wheels not look white?

It's a tough call on the one hand you may say oh it's easier but at the same time Forza 2 you'd manage to get a stock MX5 with sub 150 bhp to get seriously out of shape even looking at the throttle. You can get higher power cars out of shape but it's more on the limit than being tail happy from low revs even in low power cars. There's more understeer too before you break traction. In forza 2 you'd never nose wide before the back end broke loose it would be back end out from the second you started to break traction.

It's a pet hate of mine too, I don't understand why, was the same in Forza 2, how difficult is it to make wheels white ffs!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
been as i am achievement ***** and want the connousieur achievement, I bought a panoz R3 car as you dont win one:

Acura - Win - Acura #66 de Ferran Motorsports ARX-02a
Alfa Romeo - Win - Alfa Romeo Brera Italia Independent
Aston Martin - Win - Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
Audi - Win - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
Bentley - Buy - Bentley Continental GT @ 75,000
BMW - Win - BMW Motorsport M5 E60
Bugatti - Win - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
Buick - Buy - Buick Regal GNX @ 63,000
Cadillac - Buy - Cadillac CTS-V @ 21,000
Chevrolet - Win - Chevrolet Camaro SS
Chrysler - Buy - Chrysler PT Cruiser @ 6,000
Citroen - Buy - Citroen C4 VTS @ 21,000
Dodge - Win - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Ferrari - Win - Ferrari California
Fiat - Win - Fiat Abarth 500 esseesse
Ford - Win - Ford Focus RS
Holden - Win - Holden #2 Toll Holden Racing Team Commodore VE
Honda - Win - Honda NSX-R GT
Hyundai - Buy - Hyundai Tuscani Elisa @ 8,000
Infiniti - Buy - Infiniti G35 Coupe @ 17,000
Jaguar - Win - Jaguar XKR-S
Koenigsegg - Win - Koenigsegg CCGT
Lamborghini - Win - Lamborghini Reventon
Lancia - Buy - Lancia Delta Integrale EVO @ 22,000
Land Rover - Buy - Range Rover Supercharged @ 68,000
Lexus - Win - Lexus IS F
Lotus - Win - Lotus Exige Cup 240
Maserati - Win - Maserati GranTurismo
Mazda - Win - Mazda #16 Dyson Racing B09/86
McLaren - Win - McLaren #43 F1 GTR
Mercedes-benz - Win - Mercedes SL 65 AMG Black Series
Mini - Buy - Mini Cooper S @ 12,000
Mitsubishi - Buy - Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS @ 9,000
Nissan - Win - Nissan MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
Opel - Buy - Opel Speedster Turbo @ 37,000
Pagani - Buy - Pagani Zonda C12 @ 400,000
Panoz - Buy - Panoz Esperante GTLM @ 80,000
Peugeot - Win - Peugeot Super 2000
Pontiac - Buy - Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA @ 6,000
Porsche - Win - Porsche 911 GT2 (997)
Renault - Win - Renault Sport Clio V6
Saab - Buy - Saab 9-3 Aero @ 11,000
Saleen - Win - Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R
Saturn - Buy - Saturn ION Red Line @ 11,000
Scion - Buy - Scion xD @ 9,000
Seat - Win - SEAT Leon Supercup
Shelby - Buy - Shelby GT-500KR @ 120,000
Subaru - Buy - Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT @ 18,000
Toyota - Buy - Toyota Celica Supra @ 4,000
TVR - Win - TVR Sagaris
Vauxhall - Win - Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Volkswagen - Win - Scirocco GT
Volvo - Buy - Volvo S60 R @ 16,000

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
V8 supercars are nothing short of brutal tbh. Wasn't expecting the back end to be quite so lively lol

Good fun, if not a little too tail happy, even at a ton plus!

Had a good race around Le Mans with a mate on split screen. Ford vs Holden.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Is there a way to mod the cars in free run etc so you can mod them for free but just to test.

I wanna see what a fully tuned Bugatti etc can do, but dont have the money to throw away on it.

JB

RB 182 Cup
I've just fallen for the RS200. Went up against a mate in an R8 V10 on the straight mile, the RS gets up to speed a lot quicker but then hits the limiter at 154mph. Need to fiddle with the gearing or just add more power ;)

It's very hard to win in a modified car in the drag races online. Everyone else just chooses the highest scoring car in the class selected (for example in class S 50% will choose the Mclaren F1)... Maybe I should venture out onto the twisties?

I noticed that if you hit a cone at high speed it with the corner of your car it usually knocks the light out which is a nice little touch.

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
It's a grower. How long did you spend on it? I was initially worried when I played the demo but after spending a bit more time on it I'm happy. I'm guessing you're talking about the sensation of a lower COG and more grip that's putting you off?

Was just doing some races for my mate on it, so most evening... dunno what it was really, just felt like not much of an improvement other than better graphics and easier due to all the cars having what felt like a lot more grip... I love Forza 2 as you know from our many online race evening Si, but dunno, just not sure if I fancy spending £40 on it?

MY10 R35 GTR
I've just fallen for the RS200. Went up against a mate in an R8 V10 on the straight mile, the RS gets up to speed a lot quicker but then hits the limiter at 154mph. Need to fiddle with the gearing or just add more power ;)

It's very hard to win in a modified car in the drag races online. Everyone else just chooses the highest scoring car in the class selected (for example in class S 50% will choose the Mclaren F1)... Maybe I should venture out onto the twisties?

I noticed that if you hit a cone at high speed it with the corner of your car it usually knocks the light out which is a nice little touch.

or the datsun 510s

306 GTI-6
Was just doing some races for my mate on it, so most evening... dunno what it was really, just felt like not much of an improvement other than better graphics and easier due to all the cars having what felt like a lot more grip... I love Forza 2 as you know from our many online race evening Si, but dunno, just not sure if I fancy spending £40 on it?

I traded in my copy of Op Flashpoint 2, which I had completed, and only had to pay £9.99 for Forza 3.

That was at Gamestation, and there were other games they would take for that deal too. I traded in OPF2 as I had finished it, and i didnt think it offered much replay value, so was a good deal for me.

Not to my taste but dam, some serious skills on some of the paints appearing on Forza 3.

370Zno2.jpg

no3.jpg

no4.jpg

no5.jpg

no6.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Different game, different platform and a different stage in time. But I felt exactly the same with Gran Turismo compared to Gran Turismo 2. I tried like mad on the original to get the licenses, to get better times and actually drive the tracks as best I could.

The instant GT2 was on sale, I bought it, but ultimately felt let down by it. It has taken me ages to 'cultivate' an old N/A Skyline on GT1 into a decent car. But on Gt2, it felt like I had past that within an hour. Everything was chucked at you en masse. More tracks, more cars, but it just didn't feel like I had to do anything to achieve it.

It proved to me that more isn't always best in games. Not that I can comment on any of the Forzas though, as I've yet to try them. ;)

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You really should. We had some amazing online races last night with eight people on here. Most of it kept fairly tidy as well. ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You really should. We had some amazing online races last night with eight people on here. Most of it kept fairly tidy as well. ;)

But that means me buying a 360, Chwissy. And I don't know if I can cope with two attacks of the Dark Side in the space of month. An iPhone one minute, then a console the next? <shudder> ;)

D.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Wow, just wow.

Finally loaded mine up yesterday as I'd been away all weekend and I'm blown away by it. Only got an hour or so on it but, IMO, it is head and shoulders above FM2, which incidently was my favourite game.

The best thing, for me, is the new AI system. Every single car in the race seems to want to win, almost as if you are racing real people. The new physics engine seems spot on too.

Can't wait to get into it a little bit further now!

Titanium 182
I wanna play you guys online, going to be on tomorrow night ?

I'll bring out the alien green V6 :cool:

Fujima Kaido ftw.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
But that means me buying a 360, Chwissy. And I don't know if I can cope with two attacks of the Dark Side in the space of month. An iPhone one minute, then a console the next? <shudder> ;)

D.

These things come in threes. Buy a 360, then Forza 3. :cool:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I wanna play you guys online, going to be on tomorrow night ?

I'll bring out the alien green V6 :cool:

Fujima Kaido ftw.

Whats your GT Aluco? Will try and do some more races tonight and be online in the next few days.

What's the sound like in this game.

Does tuning it (diff exhaust etc) make a difference to the exhaust / engine sound?

I've still not bit the bullet, even though I love Forza2.