ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frustrated By Car Insurance

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hello on my 172 I have bought a green cotton replacement air element.. I range the insurance firm today and explained I was modifying the standard configuration of the car with this air filter replacement...I explained it was because I would get better fuel econmy plus maybe an extra 4 bhp because they asked for maximum potential increase.

The insurance comppany asked for an extra 60 a year...the air element only cost £35, i might as well put a viper on...

What has everyone else done with declaring air elements...Help !!

But the effect is negligable, it just makes it louder. I appreciate any performance enhancing modifications should be declared, which I have done and cost me an extra couple of hundred quid but when they joke like that its not worth bothering.

Insurance in general is a joke. Take "Excess" as an example... The whole point in paying for insurance is that I dont pay for it when I have an accident!!! Bunch of swindlers.

Alfa Mito 155TB

i am not going to bother...its not worth the extra cost for something i didnt mind doing for which i accepted there may not be a noticeable differenct but would of made things run better...particularly in the cold.....the insurance companies are money grabbing sharks !!