ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearlever removal.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Just been to the local scrappy, found a bashed 172, with the intention of removing the gearlever. (I'm looking to fit an 8-ball as a gearknob and don't want to butcher the knob I already have)

How the hell do you get the thing out? After removing the centre console and the heating ducts, I could only see two nuts. It looks like the big nylon box that the lever/balljoint combo is mounted in is bolted through from underneath. Is this the case, as I'll never get one out of a scrap car as there's no room underneath to retrieve it?

I guess it was wishful thinking that it'd be simple unclip, 2 minute job like it is in a Vectra...

Any help appreciated.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
if its like the mk1 then yes it has to come out from underneath, which also involves dropping/moving the exhaust

good old renault

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
It's on a Clio II. I was told all the Clio II gearlevers are the same, whether it be a 1.2 or 182. The scrapyard has a few Clio IIs in, phase 1 and 2 and they all looked exactly the same to me.

If it's got to be removed from underneath, I'm not gonna bother!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Bang goes that idea, then. It's impossible to get under any of the cars at the scrappy.

Bugger. :(