ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gold Class 182..... Phwoah!

Clio 197

Theyre beautiful but....

For the price of one set of 16" tyres, I have just bought a set of brand new prorace alloys, including tyres.

These wheels weigh only 6.9Kg, and I can get Eagle F1s for £35 a corner...

I do plenty of miles, and plan to do a lot of track driving this summer, so theyll pay for themselves, and I can sell them as and when I sell the car in a few years.

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 21 March 2005

It makes me laugh seeing all these threads about Polish and how clean cars are - THEYRE ALL NEARLY NEW CARS lol

Id be impressed if a 1994 Williams was cleaned up like this, and i think that would also show how good these products are.

I dont really expect your nice new Cups and 182s to look any different to new to be honest, i certainly keep my cars that way anyway ;-) These nice waxes/polishes etc only really work on cars around 4+ years old - thats at least when youll see the benfits of them surely, not when its at most 2 years old?

This was my old 1997 Golf VR6, Meguires 3 Stage cleaning/polishing/waxing system:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while i agree with some of your points, i disagree with other points for eg, the nice waxes only work on older cars !!??, they benefit all cars, no matter what age, are you saying i should let my car get 4 years old before i properly detail it ???, or should i only buy a 4 year old car ??, isnt it best to look after it properly from new ? i have seen 6 month old cars that look awfull, have scratches and bad paint problems.

i like new cars and i like to detail my car regardless of its age, if i had to buy an old car you can be assured it would look as good as a brand new car.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

182_Blue, all i meant was that yeah they look good, but the difference is that big between a brand new car, and a car thats a couple of months old thats been polished etc.

All i mean is that it doesnt really prove/show anything surprising.

The way to show how good these products are is on older cars etc, a very clean older car is much more obvious then a new car thats clean - i personaly wouldnt expect anything else....

Do you get what i mean though??