ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye MX-5, hello V8.

Suzuki Jimny
After years and years of dreaming/saving I have finally ended up with one of my dream cars, i’m over the moon!
So it is goodbye to the MX-5 which has been perfect, top always down.

7BB957E5-5A1B-4000-8B95-615D80794E11.jpeg

And hello to the M3.

A7F8B10B-5925-4580-87E4-884C66AE3CD4.jpeg

A4E5FEC3-7D1A-40CA-9253-D8F595D57EDD.jpeg

E0EE0C8D-BAF6-42C9-9A14-09D98C16117C.jpeg

D711DE20-C7E5-4194-9F3A-0DC8B122D557.jpeg

By complete coincidence it came with the numberplate, and it just so happens my initials are MHJW.
It’s a standard M3 optioned with dakar yellow individual paint, apparently one of 6 or 7 that weere ordered in the UK.
Very happy with it ?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Lovely car, awful colour but it's not my car so you probably don't care!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
It’s funny how people buy cars, I remember reading an article about “buying a new car” a few years back and it was saying that quite often the buyer picks the spec based on the things they want (obviously) but also colours like ‘Black & Silver’ are chosen as the buyer is thinking about the resale value etc

Imagine if everyone just chose they colour they REALLY wanted...

Hats off to those 7 Dakar Yellow purchasers!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hate yellow cars and I would never own one.

Except an M3 in Dakar. Badass colour! Love it mate, enjoy!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
M3 FTW! I sincerely hope I can make the same transition in the not too distant future.

Was Dakar Yellow a factory option on the E46? There's a house near me that have an E36 in DY, which looks fairly decent, and they changed their blue E46 to match. Each to their own but it didn't work for me. Yours on the other hand looks naughty!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
After years and years of dreaming/saving I have finally ended up with one of my dream cars, i’m over the moon!
So it is goodbye to the MX-5 which has been perfect, top always down.

View attachment 1382582

And hello to the M3.

View attachment 1382583

View attachment 1382584

View attachment 1382585

View attachment 1382586

By complete coincidence it came with the numberplate, and it just so happens my initials are MHJW.
It’s a standard M3 optioned with dakar yellow individual paint, apparently one of 6 or 7 that weere ordered in the UK.
Very happy with it ?

Awesome choice ??how many miles on it? How many owners?

Swift Sport
Colour isn't to my taste, but it's a great car... I went to the 'Ring in one and have loved them ever since.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very very nice motor.
And there is not many cars that can pull of yellow but this does.
Good luck with it.

Suzuki Jimny
Lovely mate! I will own an E92 M3 in the next 12 months

Any luck?

Now had this for a year, still an amazing car. Did a road trip to bruges in it and was so perfect for the trip (not mentioning fuel....)

However today got sent the warranty prices since it’s now expired, bit spicy!

B7A5704C-4E3A-4DD0-88D5-6B12E7EAE333.jpeg

Mk1
Proper car, love these. Seem to be very decent value for money these days, though rod bearing etc etc does worry me a little. Screw paying those warranty prices though, you'd just have to take anything on the chin IMO!!)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Not seen this colour before. Looked a little plain in the first pics but seeing the latest pic you posted makes it look very smart!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car and lovely colour. Congrats.

In the flesh it looks great that colour, in pictures it can look a little washed out at times, a lot like sunflower yellow can. Looks almost like it's faded.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
As above, unsure how i missed this before!! Dakar is an epic colour.

Shame about the warranty ... its a sh1t load cheaper if you take it out sub 60k via direct debit, but i guess its not in BMW's interest to tell you that lol.

Id spend £1400 on getting the rod bearings done at Evolve instead i think.

Whats the spec like?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
As said I can’t believe I haven’t seen this up until now either. Must be lack of content! Bloody love that colour

Suzuki Jimny
As above, unsure how i missed this before!! Dakar is an epic colour.

Shame about the warranty ... its a sh1t load cheaper if you take it out sub 60k via direct debit, but i guess its not in BMW's interest to tell you that lol.

Id spend £1400 on getting the rod bearings done at Evolve instead i think.

Whats the spec like?

Yeah think i’ll get it done locally.
No spec really, apart from the wheels and the colour. Chap didn’t even get the heated seats!
It’s DCT which can be a bit poor around town but incredible at the top of the rev range.