ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

goodbye trophy

FRS Mk3 Red edition
hello R27

bit of a rush decision but i parked next to a 197 5 weeks ago and i was smitten, an oppurtunity arose where a deep black R27 was availalbe from stock at renault stoneygate. the deal was done and i picked the car up 1 st september.

few pics for you all

DSCF0146.gif

DSCF0150.gif

DSCF0148.gif

DSCF0157.gif

DSCF0149.gif

If anyone is after a R27,R26 give Alex Levington a call on 0191 563 1300 he will sort you out a very good deal for any renault sport.

Lee

BMW M2C
Lovely.

They're offering them at £13,500 now. Absolute bargain.

Did you P/X the Trophy?

FRS Mk3 Red edition
the r27 looks ace, good luck keepin it clean tho;)

i know, i have been looking at detailing world and they give tips and how to look after black, costing me a fortune in new tools and products to maintain the car.

evo VI GSR
the only colour ive seen so far of the 197 that id buy! very nice mate look after her!

cup 182 mit stripes
In all honesty, as far as the true Renault hot hatch enthusiast is concerned, that 197 will never catch on.

cup 182 mit stripes
I hope this forum wont go the way of Renaultsport, silly poseurs comparing shiny photos of their 197s. Mind you, what else can you do with them. They will never be the object of tuning fantasy like the 1*2.

Yes, have you?

Finally drove an R27 the other day.

Loved it, would I swap my 182 for one..........probably yes for 1. seats 2. newness.

Plus they look good in your rear view mirror with those arches :D

I think I'd get an Albi blue one now though! Look amazing with the dark wheels!

I hope this forum wont go the way of Renaultsport, silly poseurs comparing shiny photos of their 197s. Mind you, what else can you do with them. They will never be the object of tuning fantasy like the 1*2.

they will be tuneable eventuly

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
love it!!!

Just needed the xenon clusters to finish it imo (black surrounds)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
a 197 thread isn't complete without ja.jack trying to start an argument lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yes, have you?

Loved it, would I swap my 182 for one..........probably yes for 1. seats 2. newness.

it'll look like your 182 then ;)

I take it the R27 feels quite abit different to the 197 then? Seems to be getting good reviews? I liked my day in the standard 197, so if the reports are correct i'll love the R27? :)

cup 182 mit stripes
Good old Seb, you can allways be sure he'll spring up when someone slates the 197. They just lack that za za zoom. Or whatever the marketing bullshine is.

it'll look like your 182 then ;)

I take it the R27 feels quite abit different to the 197 then? Seems to be getting good reviews? I liked my day in the standard 197, so if the reports are correct i'll love the R27? :)
Yeah but I liked the standard 197 anyway.

R27 just felt a bit tighter, seats made the drive feel different as well?

I'd love one lol?

Last edited:

sw1

Clio 172
Lovely looking motor, Black is an awesome colour. I wasn't sure on it until I picked up my black one. Has a certain shine especially how mosy are ALbi blue.

Love the look of the R27

cup 182 mit stripes
Do'nt do it Ralph, that 6k+ to change would be better spent on souping your current mount. Recapture your lost youth, you'll feel the better for it. lol

Do'nt do it Ralph, that 6k+ to change would be better spent on souping your current mount. Recapture your lost youth, you'll feel the better for it. lol

I'm not going to anyway, can't afford it and too interested in spending money on my mortgage or putting fuel in my Fazer lol?

End of the day I've not fallen out of love with the 182 yet?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate! Again i'd probably prefer the trophy but i can understand why you'd want a new car.
As above, get some of them xenon clusters on.

Goliath I
Looks really nice mate!

Same thing happened to me last year... I took my 1.2 clio for a service in the garage and when I returned to pick it up there was a stunning blue 182 cup parked on the forecourt at an affordable (for me) price. I spoke to one of guys in the dealer as I was waiting for my car and ended up picking the 182 up about 4 days later :)