ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my first rear wheel drive (swedish content)

Money pit
Can I just ask........

if the 1.8 F7P lump fits in, and you can get the F4R to go where the F7P goes.........

Can you not fit an F4R 172 Lump into this??

I like the way this is going!
I'm not sure though, it's not the space/ mounts thats the issue, it's the gearbox etc. The reason the F7P is so popular is that it mates perfectly with the Volvo 340 1.7 gearbox and shafts.
Would have to look into that though, how much is a decent F4R going for these days?

And cheers for the good comments :)

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
I like the way this is going!
I'm not sure though, it's not the space/ mounts thats the issue, it's the gearbox etc. The reason the F7P is so popular is that it mates perfectly with the Volvo 340 1.7 gearbox and shafts.
Would have to look into that though, how much is a decent F4R going for these days?

And cheers for the good comments :)

the f4r should match up perfectly to the volvo gearbox the bolt pattern for gearbox is the same on a f4r and f7p. the man problem would be the exhaust manifold and downpipe, would most likely need to be a custom job.

for now it go with a f7p, you can pick on up for peanuts if not for free. most get binned off when people go to f7r's

Money pit
Right today was one my best days in about 2 months...

it passed it's MOT :cool:

I ended up buying the top mounts from F1 Moto and they got fitted on Sunday... fitting them wasn't as hard as i thought actually and I tried my best to keep everything looking tidy and original-ish.
I'll get some pictures up of said top mounts later on, aswell as some pictures of how the cars sitting now :)

Money pit
Just a quick picture of the top mounts:
The camber plate wouldnt have been able to fit in the original whole, so rather than cutting a circle and losing alot of the turret, i just decided to enlarge the original shape of hole, looks a bit wierd but it works!

52473297-cf4c-1c1d.jpg

One thing thats worrying me is at low speed/ at standstill, when you turn the wheel you can hear the springs catching and then releasing (so a 'boing' noise). Is this normal? Or is it bad news?

Cheers, greg.